Territory Sales Managers – M-Kopa Solar Limited
Deadline: 31st August 2016
Organization: M-KOPA Solar Ltd
Duty Station: Western and Eastern Region, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
M-KOPA Solar is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 200,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Job Summary: The Territory Sales Manager will be responsible for developing assigned territory to maximize and grow sales by selling MKOPA product to existing customers and acquiring new business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and execute a territory sales plan that meets or exceeds established sales targets and supports Company sales targets.
- Achieve assigned sales targets by maximizing promotion and sales activity
- Develop and establish a consistent group of Field Sales Agents through Field Sales Managers and Retailers aligned with MKOPA Mission, Vision and objectives.
- Meet regularly with existing Dealers, Retailers and Field Sales Managers in sales territory to understand their evolving business needs and expand their understanding and use of MKOPA products
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the performance of Field Sales Managers to meet the performance standards/targets in line with MKOPA Performance management system
- Build long-term, productive, and mutually beneficial relationships with existing and new Dealers and retailers in line with MKOPA business sales strategy
- Maintain consistent communication and timely follow-up with Dealers, Retailers and prospects and be available and responsive to customer’s real-time needs.
- Work effectively with support departments to promote sales for new and existing Dealers and Retailers to maximize MKOPA visibility
- Complete sales activity reports and presentations in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold any relevant Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University.
- A minimum of two to three years’ experience in sales and distribution e. g Micro-finance or other financial services, mobile-money, FMCG or other product/service in East Africa.
- Ability to manage and mentor a team of sales staff to achieve greater sales figures
- Customer centric with excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to plan ahead with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Willingness to work in rural areas.
- Self-motivated with commitment to deliver results
- Ability to request & receive support from the headquarters.
- Team player with high levels of flexibility.
- Report-writing and presentation skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applicationsand up-to-date CVs to: [email protected] addressed to with the subject “Territory Sales Manager” addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Lubowa Estate, Plot 1300 -1301 Kampala. Uganda