Assistant Registration Officer – NIRA
Deadline: 3rd August 2016
Reports to: District Registration Officer
Job Purpose: To assist in handling clients and processing their documents for the purposes of registration at the Sub-County
On the 26th March 2015 the Parliament of the Republic of Uganda passed the Registration of Persons Act, 2015, an Act to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a National Identification Register.
This law establishes the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)and provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens living in Uganda and the issuance of Identification Cards and other related matters.
NIRA wishes to fully operationalise its structure in accordance with its mandate and therefore requires staff of high calibre and integrity to immediately fill, the available vacancies listed below;
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Receives clients, interviews them and directs them to the various service points
- Issues appropriate application forms and other information required for registration and handling any other technical queries
- Receives back completed registration forms with attachments such as notification records/ forms, bank payment forms, letters of introduction etc
- Forwards received applications to the Records Office and track their movement through the relevant action centres / officers
- Issues certified registration certificates and identification documents to applicants
- Ensures security of the data, data capturing equipment and related materials, authenticating and authorising the right data for production of certificates and identification documents
- Maintains the electronic / manual register of application received, certificates and other identification documents
- Communicates citizenship enrollment, registration, identity cards distribution and issuance programmes and procedures, to communities
- Executes enrollment, registration and card identity cards issuance operations and activities
- Transmits registration data to the district database
- Maintains updated records of registration applications, registered citizens and non-citizens and identity cards issued at sub-County level
- Receives applications, registers citizens and non-citizens, maintains updated records of applications for registration, registered persons and national identity cards issued at the sub-county and receives change request
- Organises local committees for verification of the authenticity of applicants for citizenship registration.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the District Registration Officer
- A Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in arts , social sciences, administration or other related field from a recognised institution
- Computer software applications skill
- Working experience in ICT based work
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer care skills.
• Interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm,Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of 3 referees.
• In your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
• Please ensure the application reaches the above address not later than 3rd August, 2016. Applications delivered after the closing date will not be received.
• NO APPLICATION shall be received at any of the NIRA offices.
• If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
NIRA has contracted the services of Profiles International Uganda Limited, a reputable Human Resource Consultancy firm to receive all applications on its behalf.