Deadline: 5th August 2016
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Marketing Manager
SolarNow is a distribution and finance company that sells high quality solar product and appliances to households and businesses in Uganda. The company started in 2011 and has since opened 36 branches throughout Uganda, employs around 250 people. Expansion into other countries is planned for 2016.
Job Summary: The Promotions Officer will offer support the marketing and promotions manager in executing all events and exhibitions through promotions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visit SolarNow branches to do marketing and promotions.
- Assist in facilitating weekly promotions meetings.
- The incumbent will be creating awareness of the available and new products.
- Carry out various exhibitions in the different branches.
- Serve as company representative for promotional events.
- Ability to work late evenings and weekends.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the marketing manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, preferably marketing, and or, any other relevant field.
- One year of experience in marketing, sales and promotions field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer relationship management skills
- Computer literacy skills
- High degree of creativity
- Persuasive techniques.
- Ability and willingness to travel different parts of the country. (Flexibility)
- Fit with Solar Now culture.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to the Human Resource Manager, Solar Now Uganda Services via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, including their updated CVs (no other documents).