Receptionist/Cleaner – Action Against Hunger
Deadline: 8th August 2016 by 5:00 PM
Organisation: Action Against Hunger (ACF)
Duty Station: Uganda
Action Against Hunger (ACF) is an International Humanitarian NGO which has been in existence for over thirty years. ACF has been implementing Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programs in the Lango, Acholi, West Nile and Karamoja regions of Northern Uganda.
Job Summary: The Cleaner/Receptionist takes charge of the general day to day administration of the new Yumbe ACF office and for the well-being of all staff. The incumbent is also responsible ensuring that the office is kept neat and clean at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean the office rooms, including equipment, and windows.
- Ensuring that there is coffee, tea, sugar and boiled water for the staff and dishes are clean.
- Order Soap, hygienic products like detergents, sugar, coffee and tea to the logistics department.
- Proper collection of rubbish in one central location for disposal, provide containers for rubbish;
- Handle all front desk responsibilities for Action Against Hunger,
- Answering phone calls in a timely and efficient manner.
- Guide visitors to the appropriate location or contact person and manage all access given to visitors in order to maintain a professional and safe work environment
HR Support Role:
- Support the Human Resources department with a wide range of human resources related functions.
- Ensure proper filing of all HR records and documents (contracts, leave requests, salary sheets, etc.)
- Process and handle confidential data appropriately.
- Assist with colleague events.
- Assist the human resources team with recruitment responsibilities.
- Prepare for meetings
- Compile and file all HR documents in the mission (including for those employees not working anymore);
- Assist in any other duty related to HR, as required by HRM and ACD
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Diploma in HR, administration or any related field.
- Ability to communicate and perform within an international and multicultural team.
- Good verbal, written communication and telephone skills
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrate the highest level of ethical behaviour.
- Remain flexible in order to adapt to changes in work environment.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality and accuracy.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applicationswhich should include ONLY a cover letter, CV (not more than 4 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contract. For email applicationsplease note that attached documents should not be larger than 2MBs. All documents should be zipped in one folder. Any email larger than 2MBS will not be considered. Please send your email application to: [email protected] mentioning “Cleaner/Receptionist -RRM YUMBE” in the subject line.