Deadline: 24th August, 2016
Job title: Assistant Registry Officer
Reports to: Registry Officer
Job Purpose : To Assist the Registry Officer in maintaining the registry in the Directorate of Registration and Operations
On the 26th March 2015 the Parliament of the Republic of Uganda passed the Registration of Persons Act, 2015, an Act to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a National Identification Register.
This law establishes the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) and provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens living in Uganda and the issuance of Identification Cards and other related matters.
NIRA wishes to fully operationalise its structure in accordance with its mandate and therefore requires staff of high calibre and integrity to immediately fill, the available vacancies listed below:
Key Responsibilities & duties
- Files all documents that come to the registry after examining them
- Labels/numbers all documents on each file as instructed by the Registry Officer
- Records all files leaving the registry on the authorization of the Registry Officer
- Handles inquires that are made at the Registry
- Checks databases and systems, regularly updates them, and archives repeated files or information that is inactive, or no longer relevant
- Classifies files for ease of storage
- Helps clients fill record requests for documents
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Registry Officer
- A Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Library and Information Science, Records or archives management or other related field from a recognized University
- High level of integrity
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- IT Literacy
Interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm,Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of 3 referees.
• In your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
• Please ensure the application reaches the above address not later than 24th August, 2016. Applications delivered after the closing date will not be received.
• NO APPLICATION shall be received at any of the NIRA offices.
• If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
NIRA has contracted the services of Profiles International Uganda Limited, a reputable Human Resource Consultancy firm to receive all applications on its behalf.