Deadline: 16th August 2016
Organisation: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Programs
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Program Development Officer is responsible to assist in Program Development in the country program and M&E. The Program Development officer is also responsible for communication and visibility of projects in the Uganda country program.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Development and Fundraising:
- Under guidance from the HOP, be responsible for program development, writing concept notes and developing project proposals.
- The incumbent will ensure coordination with various components of the program, and receive and collage the information required for projects.
- Draft proposals in response to relevant call for proposals.
- Identify new opportunities for program expansion within the strategic priorities of Uganda program.
- Develop rapport and possibility for partnership with relevant organizations for the longer term cooperation and possible joint programming.
- Work closely with the Program and support teams for quality enhancement of program development.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Be responsible for developing and implementing M&E plan for dedicated projects in Uganda, in coordination with the Head of Program and Area Managers.
- Influence program development in Uganda with timely feedback based on monitoring and impact reports.
- Support the M&E Unit in preparing certain reports
Communication and Visibility:
- Serve as the communication and visibility focal point for Uganda, liaise with Regional Office and HQ on communication and visibility.
- Keep abreast the Communication and visibility plan for Uganda country program and constantly update it
- Develop human stories and other printed materials to assist the visibility of projects
- Regularly update the DRC social media webpage.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Program Development Officer should preferably hold a Postgraduate in international development and/or humanitarian action
- One year of work experience in the field
- Possess strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Proven commitment to accountable practices.
- Knowledge of working in challenging environments.
- Proven ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humour.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations at all levels.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applicationsincluding;
- A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualificationscriteria and please indicate your salary expectations
- Updated and detailed (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualifications, relevant training courses,work experience, and name and contact details of three relevant references.
The complete application package should be uploaded online, Click Here