Child Sponsorship and Correspondence Assistant – World Vision Uganda
Location: Oyam District
Reporting to: Child Sponsorship and Systems Assistan
Purpose of the position:
To effectively manage Child Sponsorship Correspondences at the Cluster Office
Processing Sponsor Correspondences
- Process incoming sponsor correspondences to children on a daily basis before dispatch to ADPs within the approved procedures (Softcopy Batch sheets sent to ADPs in time)
- Sort, record World Vision staff mails enclosed in sponsor mails and submit to Office Assistants for distribution.
- Provide to National Office, and ADP/Cluster synthesised and analysed daily and weekly tracking reports on sponsor mails and parcels.
- Ensure accountability for children’s gift items by the Regions by recording and submitting Money Orders and cheques enclosed to Child Sponsorship Operations Coordinator
- Monitor and track compliance with Sponsorship standards on sponsor mails.
- Analyse ADPs stepwise correspondence reports and share an analysis of their adherence to correspondence standards and business procedures with CSOC
- Keep documentation of damaged sponsor mails/parcels and return to sender mails for reference and trend analysis purposes.
Entry on correspondence records in step database
- Enter Sponsor mails records into SingleSTEP in time.
- Ensure the security of Sponsor addresses during mail processing activities.
- Systematically do a child protection quality check for all correspondences to ensure that correspondence materials and contents do not negatively affect the holistic growth and development of children
- Prepare and submit to Child Sponsorship Operations Coordinator, timely monthly synthesized and analysed Child Sponsorship Correspondences reports
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Must have; a Diploma in business/statistics/IT or related field from a recognized university.
- Qualifications in networking, information systems, and databases will be an added advantage.
- Critical thinking/questioning, self-drive and innovative
- Proven IT knowledge, skill and experience in database management.
- Must be a team player and team builder.
- Must be a committed Christian.
- Ability and willingness to work for longer hours, when the situation so demands.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
Be able work under minimum supervision