Data Collectors  – Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
Deadline: 5th September, 2016 by 5:00 pm
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Statistician
Job Ref: UBOS/AAS/L/16
The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi-autonomous body established by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics Act, 1998, to promote the production of reliable official statistics and ensure the development and maintenance of the National Statistical System (NSS). The mandate of the Bureau is the Production, Coordination and Dissemination of Official Statistics. The Bureau intends to conduct the Annual Agricultural Survey 2016/17.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will locate the sampled Enumeration Areas which are assigned to him/her and completing the Household Listing Form;
- Draw a location map displaying the location of the Enumeration Area
- Document details about the household heads
- Collect a GPS waypoint in the correct format for each household
- Responsible for the safety of all survey materials allocated
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Lister Jobs must at least hold an A- levelcertificate but with a credit in English and Mathematics at O’ level
- A minimum of two months’ demonstrated experience working as a fieldworker accumulatively in a household survey with evidence.
- Prior use of computers or other digital devices for data collection is an added advantage;
- Evidence of maturity, friendliness and willingness to work away from home for periods of approximately 1 month’s fieldwork;
- Computer literacy skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good leadership and team building skills.
- The applicants must be fluent in both Written and Oral Proficiency in at least one of these local languages: Ateso, Luganda, Lugbara, Luo, Ngakarimojong, Runyankole – Rukiga, Runyoro – Rutoro, Lusoga, Lumasaaba;
- Age: Between 22 – 40 years
Duration: One month
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply onlineby submitting relevant copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF at least maximum of 1 MB) at the link below.
Click Here (Please carefully read the instructions before you proceed to apply)