Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance & Administration Manager
Hebrew Immigration Aid Society (HIAS) Africa was established in 2002 as HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya (HRTK) as a partnership between local NGOs and HIAS Inc. This was in response to a critical gap in resettlement case identification for refugees out of Nairobi. HIAS Africa is registered in accordance with Kenyan, Ugandan and Chad laws and operates both as a humanitarian service provider and an advocacy voice. Their major goal is to address the assistance, protection and durable solutions needs for refugees at heightened risk in Africa, through the provision of direct psychosocial, social and resettlement services (Kenya and Uganda), as well as through community outreach and capacity building for partners.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will provide support in fiscal and administrative functions to ensure effective and proactive fiscal management
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of reviewing clients’ social assistance requisitions and prepares a schedule for cash withdrawal.
- Responsible for reviewing and overseeing petty cash payments to ensure that they are properly recorded and that they are fully supported and complete.
- In charge of preparing of cheques, vouchers and ensuring completeness of documentation.
- Oversee the process of petty cash counting and cash certificates.
- Work in liaison with the site offices to obtain petty cash records for the period.
- Preparing cash disbursement vouchers, attaching all relevant supporting documents and writing up of cheques for payments.
- Collating and filing of Cash Disbursement Vouchers/ Petty cash vouchers.
- Assist in developing/review of various financial and administration policies, such as transport/vehicles usage policy, procurement policy, etc
- Assist in development of various accountability vouchers for use in the finance office
- Assist in maintaining both manual and computerized systems for tracking vehicle mileage and use, cheques, traveling and accommodation, photocopying and other financial and administrative matters to ensure proper use of resources;
- Assist in the drafting of a tendering process document.
- Assist in reviewing financial reports backups and vouching of supporting documents.
- Offer support in the preparation for audit of books of accounts by external auditors.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and budgetary control reports for donors.
The ideal candidates should possess relevant qualifications and experience to perform the aforementioned tasks.
How to Apply: All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send cover letters and updated resumes to the Email address below or hand deliver to HIAS Uganda Central Office: Church Road, Off Ggaba Road, Kansanga P.O Box 7626, Kampala-Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 21st September 2016
Fresh graduate, Fresh graduate jobs, Jobs in Uganda, latest jobs in uganda, Best Jobs in Uganda, Jobs in Uganda for fresh graduates, Jobs in uganda today, Jobs kampala uganda, Jobs Uganda Today, Jobs Uganda, Jobs Uganda 2016, Jobs in Uganda Kampala, Jobs for fresh graduates with no experience, Jobs for fresh graduate, Jobs in Uganda full time, Current vacancies in Uganda, Current jobs in Uganda, g}great jobs uganda, Current jobs online in uganda, most recent jobs in uganda, jobs for fresh graduates with no experience in uganda