Job details: The USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and improve Systems (ASSIST) Project is a five-year cooperative agreement(October 2012-September 2017) awarded to University Research Co., LLC and is dedicated to improving health, population and nutrition services through technical support to service delivery institutions, country Ministries of Health, USAID country missions, and cooperating agencies.
URC ASSIST is looking for dynamic and qualified individuals to fill the following positions at their Kampala and Gulu offices.
Position: Procurement Assistant -Kampala (1) and Gulu (1)
Reports To: Procurement Officer
The Procurement Assistant is responsible for guiding staff on procurement of goods & services and ensuring proper procurement processes and procedures are in accordance with both URC and USAID procurement rules and regulations. He/she will providing administrative support for the implementation of project-supported activities for the URC — ASSIST Project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain appropriated records to ensure that procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
- Coordinate with requestors and make sure the right materials needed. Find out the sample of material to be purchased if necessary;
- Provide purchased materials to the responsible office and do all actions for completing the process.
- Follows up approved orders for timely delivery of goods and services by the vendor; proper receipt and clearance of any materials, supplies, or equipment, and conducts negotiation of any returns or adjustments which may become necessary.
- Communicates with staff concerning delivery progress and maintains records of receipt of invoices.
- Supports supervisor in maintenance of updated records related to procurement function such as vendor contract files, BPA agreement files with service providers
- Ensure that staff adhere to all URC procurement procedures.
- Ensure that all purchased goods are delivered according specification to the end
- Track project inventory in URC format including equipment, furniture and vehicles.
- Ensuring an efficient inventory tracking and management system and maintaining adequate stock levels at all times.
- Ensure that all assets are signed for by respective users.
- Maintain office inventory and tag each individual with inventory serial numbers, conduct a semi-annual physical inventory review and record any losses or damaged furnishings and or equipment.
- In collaboration with the Project Finance team, coordinate payment of goods and services upon receipt of invoices in accordance with URC policies and ensure compliance with USAID financial and procurement policies and procedures.
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Business Administration with a bias in procurement, Supply chain management or related field.
- At least two years’ relevant work experience in a similar position in an NGO.
- Paying attention to detail and maintenance of confidentiality is a must.
- Proficiency in MS office.
- A person with high integrity.
- Familiarity with USAID regulations and rules is an added advantage.
Job application procedure Applicants who meet the requirements should send an Application Letter, CV, and relevant academic documents as well as names and contact information for 3 professional references and day time contact numbers to The Human Resource Manager
USAID ASSIST Project, University Research Co., LLC, Plot 40, Ntinda II Road, Naguru, P.O. Box 28745, Kampala, Uganda. E-mail:[email protected] by 23rd September 2016.
PLEASE INDICATE THE POSITION IN THE SUBJECT IF YOU ARE SENDING ELECTRONICALLY AND FOR THE PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT INDICATE PREFERRED DISTRICT. APPLICATIONS WILL BE SHORTLISTED AS THEY COME IN AND ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Deadline of this Job: 23rd September 2016