Young Professionals – BRAC Uganda
Deadline of this Job: October 09th, 2016.
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job details: With over 100,000 employees reaching an estimated 138 million people. BRAC is the world’s largest nongovernmental organization. BRAC is a development success story, spreading anti-poverty solutions born in Bangladesh to 10 other developing countries in Asia and Africa, making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor
The Young Professionals Programme (YPP) of BRAC International provides the foundation for exceptionally qualified and motivated individuals seeking a professional career in development. YPP offers a range of opportunities to develop professional skills; and understand BRAC’s diverse development programmes, operations, policies and procedures.
- To have an in-depth understanding of national and international development, Young Professionals will be exposed to the following as part of their training and capacity development:
- Field attachments with BRAC’s development and support programmes in remote locations of their home country
- Classroom-based training on development programs and managerial skills at BRAC’s headquarters in Bangladesh
- Exposure visits to development programs and social enterprises in Bangladesh
- Short-term assignment with a specific programme
- Coaching and mentoring: A mentor will be allocated to each YP to help them navigate through BRAC and make the best use of their experience
Upon completion of training, Young Professionals will be given appointment in different BRAC programs and have the opportunity to fast track their careers towards managerial positions across BRAC International.
This programme is designed for qualified and motivated individuals who have the desire to establish a career in international development, a proven track record of academic success and leadership capability.
The following are eligibility requirements for the Young Professionals Program:
- Citizen of the BRAC participating country with a valid passport
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from a reputed university with a minimum CGPA of 3.5 (in a scale of 4.0) or 4.5 (in a scale of 5.0)
- Fluency in English
- Maximum 30 years of age at the time of joining
- Professional experience of 2-3 years is desirable but not a Must
Citizens of the following BRAC operating countries are eligible to apply: Afghanistan, Pakistan, Myanmar, Tanzania, Uganda, Sierra Leone, South Sudan and Liberia
Additional Person Specifications
- Commitment and drive towards improving the lives of people in your country
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Readiness to serve in field assignments in remote locations
- Flexibility and capacity to work in different areas of the organization
- Readiness to uphold the BRAC values of integrity, innovation, inclusiveness and effectiveness
Job application procedure lf you would like to apply, please complete the Online Application Form on http://birb.brac.net/ and upload soft copies of the following documents by October 09th, 2016.
- CV with contact information of two professional references (not relatives)
- Statement of interest (maximum 500 words)
- Passport size photograph
Please note no hard copy applications will be accepted.
Applications will go through a rigorous screening process. Due to the large volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be invited to a multistage interview process. Candidates should be prepared to face written and oral assessments & both in-person and virtual interviews.
Terms of Employment
Successful candidates will be given a competitive remuneration package and provided an all-expenses paid trip to BRAC’s headquarters in Bangladesh for training. The training package shall include
- One-time return airfare (to and from home country)
- Accommodation, travel and food costs within Bangladesh
The new cohort of Young Professionals will be expected to travel to Bangladesh by January 2017 for a period of 4 months for classroom training and field visits. Prospective candidates are therefore advised to update their travel documents accordingly.
Fresh graduate, Fresh graduate jobs, Jobs in Uganda, latest jobs in uganda, Best Jobs in Uganda, Jobs in Uganda for fresh graduates, Jobs in uganda today, Jobs kampala uganda, Jobs Uganda Today, Jobs Uganda, Jobs Uganda 2016, Jobs in Uganda Kampala, Jobs for fresh graduates with no experience, Jobs for fresh graduate, Jobs in Uganda full time, Current vacancies in Uganda, Current jobs in Uganda, g}great jobs uganda, Current jobs online in uganda, most recent jobs in uganda, jobs for fresh graduates with no experience in uganda, BRAC Jobs