Fresher Office Administrative Assistant – Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Reports to: Field Administrator
Position Number: MUWRP-021/016
The Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit HIV research program that was established in 2002 as a result of a memorandum of understanding between Makerere University and The Henry M. Jackson foundation for Advancement of Military Medicine Inc. of USA (HJF). The primary purpose of MUWRP is to develop, evaluate and provide interventions to mitigate disease threats of public health importance to Uganda. Activities include; vaccine development and building of vaccine testing capability in Uganda, conducting of epidemiological and basic research and provision of HIV Treatment, care and support in Kayunga, Mukono and Buvuma Districts.
Job Summary: The Office Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Makerere University Walter Reed Project field office in Kayunga and will be charged with the proper handling of the front desk, ensuring all incoming and out-going calls are attended to in addition to professionally attending to the project guests. Additionally, the job holder will administratively support the operations of the organization by liaising with the Office Assistants to ensure good office stewardship. Internally the position will interact with all project staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will receive Research Participants/Visitors and put them in contact with appropriate person/department.
- The jobholder will receive incoming calls cheerfully and courteously and direct them to the appropriate staff members.
- Take messages accurately and refer to person/department involved.
- Keep written log of all messages, visitors, deliveries etc.
- Receive mail, packages etc. and refer to designated locations.
- The Office Administrative Assistant will maintain an awareness of the location of personnel and activities of the Project so as to be able to make accurate referrals.
- In charge of the maintenance of the reception area in a clean and professional manner.
- Offer support in the preparation of meetings and trainings when requested.
- Assist in up-dating the office notice board.
- Ensure that Laboratory and clinic coats are cleaned and delivered on time.
- Assist with photocopying of training materials and documents.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Supervisors.
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a degree in Humanity Studies, or its equivalent.
- At least two years’ experience in front desk administration
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, sensitive to detail and self-motivated.
- High level of integrity
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Use of computers including word processing, spreadsheets, power point, email and Internet.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should download the application form, download here, attach it together with application letters, CVs, Photocopies of academic qualifications and three professional referees. The position number (Check top of advert) and preferred location should clearly be stated in the application letter.
Please send applications to:
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Makerere University Walter Reed Project
Plot 42 Nakasero Road.
P.O. Box 16524 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 19th September 2016