Organization: Green Bio Energy
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Green Bio Energy is a leader in the promotion of green energy in East Africa which specialized in energy-efficiency, affordability, reliability and locally anchored.
Job Summary: The Research & Development Intern will be working with a team of engineers and supporting the Research & Development department. The Intern will conduct hands-on research to identify consumer needs, and contribute to product development as well as improving tools and machinery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routinely analyze and understand the positioning of the product, service or process
- Work in close collaboration with the team to design and develop specific products, tools, services or processes
- Set-up tests and validation phases
- Correct and improve existing products, services or processes ·
- Support the production start-up
- Support team gather business intelligence (technology and competitive intelligence) to identify new trends and help conduct strategic planning ·
- Actively participate in benchmarking and test competitive products to gain relevant information that can be applied to product specifications
- Manage small R&D projects and report outcomes to R&D manager
- Where and when necessary, help the team gather any legal documents, including laws, regulations and patents, that are necessary for determining the project’s feasibility.
- Actively participate in implementing, and complying with, health, safety and environmental regulations on a daily basis
- Apply research theories, principles, and models when conducting experiments and research activities.
- The Research & Development Intern should hold a graduate diploma/degree and experience in the field or in a related area
- Work well in the field under different conditions as well as in the office
- Computer literacy i.e. knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves mentality
- Ability to perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- High degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Fluency in English and Luganda
How to Apply:
All applicants should send their updated CVs to Rebecca Rubaiza, HR &Administration via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30th September, 2016