Duty Station: Kampala, Jinja and Mbarara, Uganda
Tugende is a for-profit social enterprise that helps motorcycle taxi drivers in Uganda own their own motorcycles via a fair, transparent lease model instead of renting indefinitely. Ownership significantly increases income, job security and road safety. Tugende offers hire purchase arrangements of new motorcycles to recommended riders.
Job Summary: The Field Officer will support and ensure that Tugende only approves and retains applicants that are creditworthy
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screening applicants for creditworthiness and ensuring they meet the Tugende selection criteria
- Carrying out guarantor vetting and approval
- Supporting the collections team in field operations
- Participating in bike safety and recovery, motorcycle disbursement and client onboarding
- In charge of managing Tugende customers on a day to day basis
- Ensuring that customers make timely payments as per their hire purchase agreement
- The applicants for the Field Officer jobs must at least hold a diploma
- The ideal candidate must hold values similar to our own Integrity, Empathy, Teamwork, Solutions-Oriented and Always growing.
- Ability and willingness to learn how to ride a motorcycle.
- Prior field work and community development experience will be an added advantage
- The applicant must be a person with good moral character in local area.
- Proficiency in the local languages will be an added advantage
- Applicants have the opportunity to be promoted to: Customer Experience Officer, Credit / Collections Coordinator, Senior Credit / Collection Officer and Branch Coordinator
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include an application letter and an up-to-date detailed CV with three professional referees and academic credentials addressed to the:
Human Resources Department,
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Your name and the position you are applying for should be indicated in the subject of your email. The applications MUST NOT EXCEED 2MB.
Deadline: Friday 7th October, 2016