Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Function: Trading
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 16063372
• To develop and manage a foreign exchange trading book restricted to G10 and regional currencies (EA and South Africa currencies).
• To trade domestic money markets and repos and other fixed income products as assigned.
• Manage FX exposures within approved market risk and counterparty limits.
• To provide high quality customer execution and service for all treasury products
• To generate FX trading and Risk Treasury Revenues and manage balance sheet where required.
• Executing money markets and FX products sales – Balance sheet funding, Spot, Swaps and Forwards
• Actively support product and customer development
• Actively contributing to improvements in quality/efficiency of MM and FX products delivery process
• Managing the bank’s liquidity within S2 limits, and interest rate risk within approved S2/MAT / DV01 limits
• Managing Central Bank’s reserves and balances efficiently, with NIL penalties.
• Maintaining minimum idle balances, zero overdrafts in all FCY accounts through placements/borrowing/ swaps and MM deals
Describe the educational requirements, special skills or work experience required to perform this position.
Minimum Bachelors degree preferably in economics, accounting, engineering, computer science or mathematics.
Minimum 1 to 2 years direct FX and Money Market dealing experience
• Team Player
• Initiative and flexibility
• Strategic planning
Management or Execution skills
• Quick thinker, who can translate rapid decisions into immediate action
• Set day to day trading policy
• Analysis and preparation of deals
• Analytical thinking and ability to prioritize.
• Ability to handle pressure
• Attention to detail
• Assisting in new product development
• Creativity, Initiative and flexibility
• Ability to prioritize
Technical and Professional Competence
• Strong numerical and good computing skills
• Thorough knowledge of end-to-end processes for FX and Money Market products
• Basic dealing knowledge in one or more foreign currency
• Basic Knowledge in Spot and forward foreign currency trading
• Fully Conversant with local Money Market conditions
• Good knowledge of Country/Regional macroeconomics and financial markets
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Click here to apply