Fresher A’level Office Assistant – QED Group, LLC USAID
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administration Officer
The QED Group, LLC is a full-service international development firm that provides practical solutions to social problems through sound analysis, proven management techniques, and creative implementation. We focus our efforts on two core practice areas: Monitoring & Evaluation and Knowledge Management. We work with U.S. agencies and overseas governments, international donors, private-sector clients, and PVOs/NGOs in more than 80 countries around the world. Key clients include USAID, the U.S. Department of State, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency.
About USAID Project:
The USAID/Uganda Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning project (Learning Contract) is the five-year organizational program support vehicle through which USAID/Uganda will pursue realizing its development objectives within the complicated and shifting Ugandan development context. The purpose of the Learning Contract is to provide monitoring, evaluation and learning support services and build capacity of USAID/Uganda to implement USAID’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting methodology to strengthen the implementation of USAID/Uganda’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy and enhance USAID’s organizational effectiveness.
Job Summary: The Office Assistant will be responsible to provide general cleanliness in and around office premises. He/she reports to the Administration Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
General Cleanliness and Tidiness of Office:
- Ensure cleanliness of all areas of the Office and generally well maintained (ensure bath rooms are washed down and disinfected on a regular basis, carry out a weekly cleaning of windows from the inside and the outside using soap, water and sponges, clean spillages and empty trash bins on a daily basis, trim grass and flowers gardens to maintain the outlook of grounds, report broken light bulbs, minor leaks and any problems that cannot be handled in-house
- Ensure the cleanliness of kitchen and entire Office at all times including, but not limited to, cups, dishes, fridge/freezer, microwave and floor.
- Prepare for and clear up after all meetings within the Office ensuring rooms and furnishings are cleaned where required before and after meetings.
- Conduct a weekly stock check to ensure adequate stocks of cleaning materials, hygiene supplies and kitchen items such as tea / coffee, milk etc. Liaise with Operations and Administration office to ensure orders are placed.
- Actively participate in setting up furniture for staff meetings and training as required whenever called upon.
- Prepare or organize refreshments as appropriate for meetings being held in the offices.
- Assist in directing office visitors/guests to respective offices.
- Perform any other Housekeeping tasks as required by Administration and Operations or Senior Staff Members.
- Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining required records;
- Assist in the mailing and distribution of documents and payment of bills, as required.
- The ideal candidate for the USAID Office Assistant vacancy should have completed Secondary school i.e. O and A’ level certificate
- At least two years working experience with USAID or 5 Star Hotel.
- Fluency in English language and other local language (Luganda)
- Good team player
- Ability to work with limited supervision
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Candidates who meet the above criteriashould send their CV, Cover letter and Bio Data Form, download here, expressing interest to email@example.com with the subject line as “ATTN: Office Assistant
Deadline: Monday, 10th October, 2016 by 5:00pm