Duty Station: Kampala and Yumbe, Uganda
Reports to: HR/Admin Coordinator
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Documentation Intern will mainly support the HR and Procurement departments with routine documentation and paperwork.
• Enter Suppliers’ details in to Supplier data Base
• The incumbent will be filling and archiving the Procurement and Logistics documents one copy to Logistics file and original to Finance
• Offer support in stock taking and store arrangement
• Weekly update of procurement tracker and Payment tracker
• The intern will support with goods reception by verifying goods delivered by the suppliers and issue goods received notes and update stock cards
• Work in close liaison with the finance department, the intern will follow up on contracts files as needs arise
• Offer support in preparing delivery notes and will take part in preparation of cargo to be dispatched to the field locations
• Participate in the tender processes and identification of per-qualified suppliers.
• The intern will be responsible for recruitments tracking. This will also include obtaining signatures on the recruitment instruction forms, recording positions into the tracker and file management for all the recruitment documentation.
• Participate in organising for interviews. This will include administering written tests and also ensuring that the interview venues are well set, avail computers if required among others.
• The intern will work with the HR officer to update the personnel files.
• The intern will be the time sheets responsible. He /She will track time sheets received from the field and will be responsible for filing them and providing an update to the HR officer.
• Responsible for preparing parcels with staff items to be dispatched to the field. This could be identity cards, Medical insurance cards, uniforms among others.
• In the absence of the HR officer, the Intern will be back up.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Documentation Intern job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Business Administration or related field.
• No experience is required
• Excellent communication in English both written and oral.
• Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in MS office applications
• Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
• Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
NB: We offer no salary for this position but an exgratia allowance of 300,000 UGX
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including;
• A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria
• Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
All applications should be addressed to the Country HR/Admin coordinator and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line and clearly mark Kampala or Yumbe.
Deadline of this Job: 10th October 2016