Fresher Cashier/Teller Jobs – Senana Supermarket Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Human Resource Service Centre (HRSC) is a fast –growing international consulting firm that offers human resource and business support services to organisations both within and outside Uganda. We serve a variety of clients including: students, individuals, working professionals, start-up companies and established SMEs and NGOs, government agencies and projects. HRSC primarily seeks to support its client streamline HR strategies, structures and processes as well as building sustainable internal human resource capacity. Human Resource Service Centre (HRSC) is recruiting for a state-of-art supermarket in the middle of Kampala.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Cashier/Teller will receive cash from customers for items/merchandise purchased and issue a receipt
- The incumbent will attend to the customers/buyers with high level of customer care without any compromise
- Confirm the prices of specific items using the LaserJet scanner or pricing list as and when the customer needs such information.
- Make reconciliation of the day’s sales and make handover report
- The jobholder will attend to customers’ inquiries as and when contacted by the customer and direct them to the right office or personnel to handle such inquiries
- Ascertain that the till/counter is kept and maintained clean all the time
- Ascertain that the merchandise bought by the customer are packed well
- The ideal candidate for the Senana Supermarket Cashier/Teller vacancyshould hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a Diploma is the same fields
- One year working experience in a related position with a busy organisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and familiar with figures/numbers
- High level of honesty, integrity and confidentiality
- Computer literacy skills i.e. Basic hands on knowledge in MS Word and Excel
- Fast in searching customers and familiar with figures
- Excellent communication skills and high level of customer care
- Willing to work long hours with minimum supervision
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send theirapplications together with an updated CV with at least three suitable referees with their telephone contacts to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate the position you are applying for)
Deadline: 6th October, 2016
Note: We respect all applicants but only successful candidates will be shortlisted and contacted. If you do not hear from us within three weeks from the date of submission of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful.