A’ level Office Attendant Job – Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Personal Assistant
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) has been put in place as recommended in the National, Oil and Gas policy of Uganda and in accordance with Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013. The mandate of the PAU is to regulate the oil and gas sector in Uganda including ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international petroleum industry best practice.
Job Summary: The Office Attendant will be responsible for maintaining the general cleanliness of the office of the Executive Director and assist the personal secretary in the daily running and maintenance of the office of the Executive Director.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will maintain a clean and fresh environment in the office at all times.
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment and facilities in the office.
- In charge of the preparation and organization of meeting venues.
- In charge of organizing refreshments and amenities for all relevant meetings.
- Responsible for the movement of files/documents to and from action officers
- Photocopying and handling mails/ letters and ensuring that they reach the right recipient in a timely manner.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Personal Secretary.
- The applicants for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Office Attendant vacancy must hold an Advanced Level Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent.
- At least three (3) years’ related experience serving in a busy working environment in a similar or related position.
- Previous experience and /or training in office management and maintenance.
- Computer Literacy and knowledge of use of email and other relevant Eservices.
- Knowledge of records management
- Highly innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability and willingness to work late and during weekends.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send theirdownload this form, Click Here and fill it in indicating the telephone and email contacts for both the applicant and three reputable referees. The signedapplications together with copies of certified academic and professional qualifications should be addressed and submitted in triplicate to the following address;
The Executive Director,
Petroleum Authority of Uganda (Pau) Liaison Office Room B 416,
4th floor Amber House,
Plot 29/33, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 7270, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 31st October, 2016 by 5:00PM