Several Fresher Mechanic Job – Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Mechanical Supervisor
The Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) was established by an Act of Parliament; The Uganda National Authority Act, No. 15 of 2006. UNRA became operational on 1st July 2008. The mandate of UNRA is to develop and maintain the national roads network, advise Government on general roads policy and contribute to addressing of transport concerns, among others.
Job Summary: The Mechanic will carry out preventative and predictive maintenance on all plant and equipment. In addition the mechanic will be responsible for completing daily maintenance and repair logs, maintaining and securing work tools, examining vehicles/plant to determine extent of damage or malfunctions and performing routine and scheduled maintenance services for all plant and equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out routine assessment of station vehicles, plant and equipment using the UNRA standard checklist in line with procedure;
- Safely maintain and secure UNRA station work tools;
- Conduct preventative and predictive maintenance on all UNRA plant and equipment at the station;
- Maintain a clean and safe work area in line with OHSA guidelines;
- Examine and verify UNRA station damaged or malfunctioned vehicles, plant and equipment.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports as per approved mechanical checklists.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Mechanical Supervisor
- The applicant for the UNRA Mechanic job vacancy should hold an Ordinary Diploma in vehicle mechanics or in any other relevant field;
- Valid driving permit is a must.
- Two years’ experience in maintenance of plant and equipment.
- High degree of integrity;
- Excellent track record of outstanding performance;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, particularly staff/management relation skills
- Ability to deliver accurate results in a timely manner and in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applicationsonline at the link below. Please follow the instructions at the link below.
Click Here (Read Instructions) -> Register (Click Here) ->Application
Deadline: 14th October 2016