Location: Jinja, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC), a US-based public health organization working in Uganda since 2005, is implementing the USAID’s Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in East Central Uganda Activity (USAID’s RHITES EC). The purpose of this project is to support the implementation of a comprehensive, integrated investment in regional health, HIV/AIDS and nutrition assistance. This five-year activity targets 11 districts in East-Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, HIV/AIDS, nutrition and child development services. URC is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions at the Jinja town and district based offices.
In close collaboration with the Office Management Assistant, the Cleaner is responsible for general administrative support to with the overall aim of ensuring smooth functioning of office operations and project activities.
- Cleaning offices, bathrooms, kitchen, general areas and floors of the office daily.
- Washing dishes on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Preparing and cleaning up after coffee/tea breaks as requested by the Office Management Assistant.
- Assisting in ensuring that the kitchen is stocked with tea, coffee, sugar, milk and other supplies.
- Assist in compound cleaning when requested; and
- Assist the Office Management Officer as needed in the following:
- Receiving visitors in a courteous way and directing them accordingly.
- Receiving incoming phone calls and making out going phone calls as requested by the COP and other staff.
- Receiving incoming mail and dispatching out-going mail accordingly.
- Prepare/photocopy all training material prior to training.
- Any other duties as assigned
- A-level Certificate with relevant training in office management.
- 2 years office support experience and 1 year experience in project related work.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Able to work with an international/multi-cultural team.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge with computer use
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Job application procedure
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, certificate of good conduct, completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references in the subject line addressed to:
Plot 7 Ntinda View Crescent, Naguru
Or E-mail: HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com (Not more than 3MB)