Fresher Operations Officer Job – Jesa Farm Dairy Ltd Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Jesa Farm Dairy Ltd is an indigenous Ugandan firm which is a member of the Mulwana Group of Companies, which include a dairy farm, a plastics manufacturing company, a battery-manufacturing business, a horticultural farm and a real estate development company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all essential supplies are available in time when needed so that the company can meet market requirements.
- The jobholder will negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders
- Keenly review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Develop material costs forecasts or standard cost lists. Must minimize unnecessary stock to control costs
- Regularly monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify of qualify new suppliers
- Develop and implement procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers
- Define performance metrics for measurements, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality.
- Diagram supply chain models to help facilitate discussions with customers.
- Keenly review demand forecasts with the marketing team and manufacturing schedules with the production team
- Supply schedules and communicate requirements to members of the supply chain.
- Must build a mutually beneficial relationship with suppliers so that the entire supply chain works in a cooperative way.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of stocks – should be zero
- Cost reduction – must find ways to reduce the price of purchased items
- Quality of materials – must be ensured at all times
- Procurement Policy – no exceptions to policy allowed
- The ideal candidate for the Jesa Operations Officer vacancy should hold a University degree in Supply chain management, business and finance or related training is required plus experience in this role.
- Ability to plan, manage and coordinate all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of these supplies,
- Good analytical and planning skills to establish supply requirements and good
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CVs and cover letters with three professional referees to the address or email below. Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line.
People Performance Group,
Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante,
P.O. Box 12405, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 28th October 2016