Fresher Administrative Assistant Job – Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) Uganda
Location: Infectious Diseases Institute Kampala.
Salary: Commensurate with training and experience
Classification: Fixed term contract, full time
Reports to: Project Manager -MAPD
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University-John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach services.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) recently approved funding for a five-year project known as the “Malaria Action Program for Districts (MAPD)”. The project aims to prevent and control malaria illnesses and deaths in order to minimize the social economic effects of the disease among the overall population of Uganda, especially in children under five years of age. The project covers 43 districts with a total population of more than 13 million.
- The Administrative assistant will perform general project administrative duties at IDI such as filing, faxing, and copying, typing and binding documents;
- Take meeting minutes, type them and distribute them and perform minor data entry as and when required.
- He/she will upload and/or distribute project management documents;
- Ensures adequate communication of finer details to selected activity implementers and other beneficiaries;
- Receives and archives documents related to MAPD activities;
- Distribution of schedules and necessary training materials to trainers, trainees and other stakeholders;
- Follows up to ensure resources required for activity implementation are in place;
- Participates in preparation of payments to trainers and trainees as directed;
- Periodically communicate with MAPD alumni on issues of continuing medical education;
- Participates in report writing;
- Arrange for mailing and courier services, manage project calendars (creating meeting, lunches, etc.);
- Update project contact lists and organization chart updates and assist with document control;
- Provide general administrative and secretarial support to program staff, and to program consultants as appropriate;
- Compose written communication related to the project; oversee distribution of messages, letters, and other written materials, as requested, to program partners;
- Schedule all program meetings; attend and take minutes as appropriate;
- Develop a database of contact information; maintain distribution lists for various kinds of program communication;
- Establish and maintain a manual and electronic filing/record-keeping system for easy storage and retrieval of documents, reports and correspondence related to the project ;
- Ensure that office supplies and equipment are maintained; and
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of one year relevant work experience;
- Experience in handling logistics for a facility based training for health workers is a must;
- Experience in entering data related to training in an electronic data bases such as Management Information
- System for Training (MIST) and T3.NET is a must;
- Outstanding secretarial skills, including advanced abilities in word-processing, spreadsheets, filing, and
- general computer use; knowledge of MS Excel, Word and other common software programs is essential;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; strong writing skills are essential;
- Capability to perform difficult typing/word processing duties; knowledge of written communication formats
- and composition of such communications is crucial;
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures particularly in filing, gathering and compiling information;
- An ability to work independently and with minimal supervision; and
- A team player
Qualified and interested persons who wish to apply, may hand-deliver an application letter with a detailed CV, naming at least two professional referees, to:
The Manager, Human Resources; Infectious Diseases Institute, P. O. Box 22418, Kampala. Email: email@example.com
Deadline : Tuesday 8th November 2016.
IDI is an equal employment organization and does not solicit for any fees at any stage of the recruitment process