Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Manager
Abacus Parenteral Drugs Limited is one of the largest sterile injectable pharmaceutical companies in East Africa, with a market presence in Tanzania, Kenya, South Sudan, DR Congo, Burundi and Rwanda. We primarily manufacture and market products across multiple markets, and therapeutic segments. A significant majority of these products are generic drugs that are capable of being directly injected into the human body and are used predominantly in the treatment of critical illnesses. Our product range also includes various therapeutic segments, including ophthalmology, optic and nasal. We offer eye, ear and nasal drops in plastic bottles of 10ml. We also offer our intravenous infusion range with Nipple Head, produced by BFS Technology.
Job Summary: The Medical Representatives will be required to detail, demonstrate, promote and sell the Company’s Brand and Generic Products within Uganda. The incumbent will also develop products’ market and plan strategies to ensure continuous growth of their Sales. The incumbent will educate Medical fraternity on the new developments in medicine of the companies assigned to you. He/ she will also be tasked with achieving sales target set by company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meeting Doctors/Pharmacist/Nurses and promote assigned products.
- Meeting Pharmacies/Drug shops and promotes assigned products.
- Booking and Delivering Orders for various Customers.
- Prepare daily report.
- Weekly meetings with Business Development Manager for planning the activities of the week.
- Prepare the week’s feedback and report to Business Development Manager.
- Competitor’s activities information.
- Response of customers to our strategies.
- Prepare a tour program with consultation of Business Development Manager.
- Prepare a monthly report of sales and activities done during the month.
- Activity Plan for the next month.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Act as a representative for the company and provide excellent customer service in terms of supply of stock on receiving of order, providing information on drugs and prices.
- Suggesting and implementing strategies for increasing the sales volume of assigned products.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Country Manager.
- The ideal candidates for the Medical Representative vacancies should preferably hold Bachelor’s degree, Diplomas in Pharmacy, Clinical Medicine, Orthopedics or any other Medical/ Biological qualifications from a recognized Institution.
- One year of experience as a Medical Representative with reputable pharmaceutical company
- Knowledge of Products
- Marketing and Sales Skills
- Customer Management Skills
- High Adaptability
- Territory knowledge
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation and persuasive selling skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and self-motivated with a demonstration of initiative
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Computer literacy skills with proficiency in MS Office
- Candidates with experience in a multinational pharmaceutical company and marketing international medical brand products will have an added advantage.
- Candidates that are conversant with different region markets have an added advantage
- Candidates who speak several other languages apart from English & Luganda also have an added advantage
- Language: Intermediate level of English and one other language.
- Attitude: Sociable, Adventurous, Decisive, Hard Working, Extrovert
- Personal Competencies:
o Strategic Focus
o Result orientation
o Commercial acumen
o Customer focus
o Team working and collaboration
o Good computer skills
o Excellent communication skills
o Research skills
- Age: Below 32 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs either by post or hand delivery or E-mail to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Kiboko Group of Companies,
Location: Plot Nos. 28B, 32B, 34B, UMA Show Grounds, Lugogo
Postal: P.O. Box 31376, Kampala, Uganda
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy: email@example.com (Kindly indicate the position you’re applying for in the subject line of your email)
Deadline: 23rd December, 2016 by 5:00 PM