Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
Appliance World Ltd (the company) is one of the largest organizations in Uganda dealing in consumer electronics (refrigerators, microwaves, audio products, televisions, and washing machines), commercial air conditioning and mechanical ventilation, mobile phones, computers/network monitors.
Job Summary: The MD follows every task, department, project and person in detail through his PA. This means following 150 – 200 tasks per day allocated to various people. S/he must ensure that everyone does everything within the timeline set. S/he must also have basic knowledge of the task to provide guidance to members. Only someone who is highly experienced and can work for long hours should apply.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The MD has 150 + tasks that must be complete every day. Ensuring they are completed, knowing the details of every task, ensuring that he meets whom he is supposed.
- Responsible for preparing the MD’s daily program and completing some of the tasks that are delegated to you.
- In charge of performing and completing tasks that the MD may delegate to you – these tasks are complex in nature, eg, meeting departments and solving issues.
- Knowing the duties of every department and every person in the company as you shall be involved in ensuring that all members perform their duties.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing.
- Arranging travel, visas and accommodation for the MD.
- Taking notes or dictation at meetings or providing general assistance during presentations.
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority.
- Organizing and maintaining diaries and making appointments.
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the manager.
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Organizing and attending meetings and ensuring the manager is well prepared for meetings.
- Working closely with clients, suppliers and other staff.
- The Personal Assistant (PA) to the Managing Director should have worked in a high level managerial position.
- The applicant should have significant experience and secretarial/administrative knowledge
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages;
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to research, digest, analyze and present material clearly and concisely;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work on your own initiative;
- Honesty and reliability;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines;
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CVs via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should be the email itself and your CV should be attached in Word or PDF format. The subject line of your email should be the job title followed by your name, eg Imports Coordinator – Allan Nsubuga
Deadline: 10th December, 2016