Fresher Area Health Coordinator Jobs (7) – BRAC Uganda
Kitgum, Padel, Mbarara, Gulu & Koboko
BRAC, one of the largest Non-Governmental Development Organization in the world, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment and Microﬁnance. For more information please visit BRAC‘s website
www.brac.net. BRAC Uganda invites applications from suitably qualiﬁed Ugandans to ﬁll up the available vacant positions.
BRAC UGANDA, Health-Program
BRAC’s health program leads an extensive community based primary health care program with Community Health Promoters (CHPs) with objectives to reduce maternal and child health and improve nutritional and health status of the community. Program trains, supervises and manages 4,075 community Health Promoters (CHPs) and health promoters (volunteers) across 68 districts focusing on provision of reproductive, maternal, neonatal & child health care (RMNCH), reducing vulnerability to communicable diseases and improving nutrition.
7 Area Health Coordinators
Reports to: Regional Health Coordinator
Location: Kitgum, Padel, Mbarara, Gulu & Koboko
Core Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervise, support, monitor and manage branch Project Assistants and CHPs under the area
- Conduct monthly CHP refreshers at branch level, and any other training as needed
- Manage branch stock position, payments and deposits ensuring no discrepancies/irregularities
- Supervise and monitor program activities conducted by Project Assistants and CHPs
- Visit CHPs within their communities, supervise health forums with Project Assistants and CHPs, conduct household visits, and ANCs/ PNCs together with the PAH.
- Visit branch ofﬁces on regular basis and ensure all registers and stock/store and health accounts are updated (maintained property)
- Strongly practice and maintain (uphold/conduct) organizational values and objectivity in all activities and ensure other team members are adhering to it through their activities
Liaise with the district and local government and other partners as Needed
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Health ﬁelds.
- 2-3 years health related working experience.
- Fluency in multiple relevant local languages will be an added advantage.
- Possess excellent people skills and sufﬁcient experience and ability to work in the ﬁeld
- Ability to supervise, motivate, inspire and establish trust among team members
- Sufﬁcient computer skills (MS ofﬁce proﬁciency), Report writing and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team setting
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the above qualiﬁcations, must submit their application letter, Curriculum Vitae (including: Date of birth, Education qualiﬁcation, language proﬁciency, work experience, Salary expectation and at least 2 referees in Ms. Ofﬁce Word Document), All Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents, MUST BE IN ONE PDF FILE. In total, there must only be 2 attachments sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, Not later than 23rd December, 2016.
NB. Only Soft Copy Applications will be considered, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly.
Deadline of this Job: Not later than 23rd December, 2016