2 January, 2017
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Legal Services
Posta Uganda a wholly-owned government company is a leading provider of a wide range of postal, logistical, IT, and financial services in Uganda, with international links to all major postal administrations world-wide.
Job Summary: The Legal Officer will support the Manager, Legal services to oversee legal affairs of the organization and adequately defend organization and maintain a vibrant legal/secretarial image.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer legal advice relating to civil disputes and criminal cases, locate, interview and guide witnesses.
- Carry out legal research for preparation of court cases in which the Organization has an interest
- Provide necessary information to external lawyers for proper execution of cases in which the Organization has interest, attend court sessions and assist in trials.
- Represent the Company in the Courts of law and tribunals.
- Represent Posta in any labour disputes in line with the Human Resource guidelines and policies
- Prepares Legal documents on instruction of the Supervisor.
- Interprets Legal documents and enlighten staff on relative Legal affairs.
- Prepare and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to Supervisor.
- Regularly attends meetings of all relevant Management Committees in the absence of the Manager, Legal Services.
- Attends to correspondences as assigned and any other task as may be assigned from time to time.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by your supervisor.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Conclude outstanding court cases
- Send reports on milestones registered
- Legal compliance throughout the organization
- The Legal Officer should possess a good Bachelor of laws (Hons) degree
- Also be in possession of a Diploma in legal practice
- Be an enrolled advocate of the high court
- At least two (2) years relevant working experience
- Excellent communication, organization and public relations skills
- Good working knowledge of basic computer applications
- Demonstrable proficiency in legal research
How to Apply:
All qualified persons who meet stated minimum requirements to apply for the above job opportunity should send their application letters, attach copies of academic credentials and a detailed CV to this address: The Head, Department of Human Resource and Administration, Posta Uganda, P.O. Box 7106 Kampala, Uganda.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered
- All applicants who do not receive feedback within a month’s time from the deadline should consider their applications unsuccessful
- Any kind of lobbying will call for disqualification of the candidate
Deadline: 6th January, 2017