The Mukwano Group of Companies is one of the leading and most respected conglomerates in Eastern and Central Africa. Since it’s humble beginning in 1980, the Mukwano business has grown through visionary diversification into manufacturing, agriculture, property development, logistics, supply-chain management and packaging.
REPORTING TO THE REGIONAL SALES MANAGER, THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL;
- Coordinate secondary market orders with the CP and promptly advise on delivery
- Manage and ensure primary and secondary targets are achieved for the assigned territory
- Implement sales improvement initiative strategies in retail markets
- Audit and advise CPs on acquisition of appropriate logistics and man power resources to support retail expansion distribution
- Empirically update customer databases and submit on a weekly basis
- Guide CPs sales team to optimize product placement into secondary markets
- Monitor usage of coolers in assigned territory and submit status report to the Regional Sales Manager
- Monitor the usage of company distribution panel vans in assigned territory and provide performance report to the Regional Sales Manager
- Provide a daily price analysis for towns in assigned territory to the Regional Sales Manager
- Ensure that the CP route sales trucks are being optimized for retail / wholesale distribution with adequate frequency to ensure product visibility
- Ensure appropriate product display in retail and wholesale outlets at eye contact level
- Develop new accounts in assigned territory and advise CPs to effectively supply products
- Ensure that sales information system reports are maintained by CPs and updated on time as required
- Follow up on customer balances as per credit days and advise on invoices due for clearance
- Participate in sales promotion activities including: trade fairs and sales campaigns
- Analyze CP floor stock and give advice on order booking in relation to CP targets.
- Submit weekly market intelligence reports to the regional sales manager
- Supervise and guide merchandisers for optimum product visibility in supermarkets and retail outlets
- Prepare and submit reports to your supervisors as required within the timelines stipulated
- Any other duties that maybe assigned from time to time by the Regional Sales Manager or Head Office Sales staff.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Marketing or any other related field. .
- 2 years of relevant experience in a large manufacturing set up.
- A Post Graduate Diploma is an added advantage
SKILLS AND PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCES REQUIRED
- Ability to work independently should have excellent selling skills, effective communication skills, excellent customer care skills, sound decision making skills and ability to work in the field.
- Integrity, flexible, good interpersonal and problem solving skills. Should have a positive attitude, results focused, creative, innovative, can work for long hours under pressure with minimum supervision.
Applications with copies of academic credentials, testimonials and a detailed curriculum vitae indicating contact addresses of three (3) referees should be sent to;
The Human Resource Department,
Mukwano Group of Companies
P.O Box 2671, Kampala, UGANDA
Or by E- mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and quoting the job reference as subject to the mail.
The attachment should not exceed 2MB. Kindly merge all your documents and send them in one attachment.
Closing date of receiving applications is two weeks from the date of this advertisement i.e. from 1st November – 15th November 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted within one week after the closing date. Any form of canvassing is prohibited.
All successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary and benefits.