Current No Experience Office Assistant Jobs Uganda – Danish Refugee Council Uganda Jobs
Job Title: Front Desk Assistant (Current Office Assistant Jobs Uganda)
Employer: Danish Refugee Council Uganda
About us (current office assistant jobs in Uganda)
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 40 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief. In Uganda, DRC works in North, North-Western, South-Western and North-Eastern regions in a range of emergency and development support for refugees and displacement-affected communities(for more information go to www.drc.dk
The purpose of this position is to manage assistance to staff as they carry out their routine activities. The front desk assistant position is also meant to generally manage assistance for DRC guests and other stakeholders. (Current Office Assistant Jobs Uganda)
- Assists in coordinating staff travels within the country. He / She receives Travel request forms and follows on accommodation arrangements
- Manages assistance for all guests including staff and all the other stake holders.
- Manages the central mailing book for Kampala office ensuring that all incoming and outgoing mail is correctly recorded.
- Provides logistical support for office meetings and workshops.
- Maintains an updated contact list
- Organizing and scheduling appointments.
- Receiving phone calls at the office.
- Ensures that there is always tea, coffee and drinking water available at the office
- Takes minutes for Kampala office meetings as required and compiles minutes from all locations and submits to Administrative officer by Wednesday of every week.
- Assists with HR filing as requested by HR officer.
- Displays necessary notices and memos on the office Notice board.
- Provides clerical support to all staff when required
The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work can be required depending on operational needs. This job description defines the guiding rules and principles specific to the post which must be respected when carrying out the above mentioned tasks and responsibilities.
Reports to the Administrative officer based in Kampala.
- Educational qualification in Business Administration or management with at least 2 years’ work experience in Administration preferably with INGOs
- Proficiency in MS office and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of administrative practices and procedures.
- Good working knowledge of office procedures and office management.
- Strong organizational skill with ability to multitask.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Proven ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations at all levels.
Applications should be in English and include the following:
- A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and salary expectations.
- Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
The application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject line should read Front Desk Office Assistant – Kampala.
The deadline for submission of applications is the 27th January 2017.**
We thank applicants for their interest in the position however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.