Tugende Uganda Jobs – Office Administrator Needed
Job Title: Office Administrator (Tugende Uganda Jobs)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Tugende Uganda Jobs: Tugende is a for-profit social enterprise that helps motorcycle taxi drivers in Uganda own their own motorcycles via a fair, transparent lease-to-own model instead of renting indefinitely. Ownership significantly increases income, job security and road safety. Across Uganda and many other emerging markets, motorcycles help drive the economy, mitigate traffic jams and bad roads, and offer hundreds of thousands of jobs for those with little formal education. Tugende is proving that millions of self-employed entrepreneurs can receive credit to own the equipment they use to provide for their families, even without credit histories, collateral, and in industries considered high risk by traditional lenders.
Tugende Uganda Jobs: The Office Administrator will undertake administrative tasks, for our Mbuya Head Office. The incumbent will play an integral role in the human resource and organisational strength of Tugende. (S)he will be responsible for overseeing the maintenance of office systems and work space, ensuring an efficient and productive work environment for the team. If you’re excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment where you’ll be challenged and accountable for driving results, then this is the role for you!
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and manage the work schedules of all Office support staff (receptionist and cleaners)
- Support the finance department with updating the Asset register
- Maintain relations with service providers and subcontractors
- Manage the office layout, stationery and equipments
- Serve as the first contact to people’s questions.
- Manage meetings/travel arrangements for foreign staff (Visa, transport etc)
- Offer support to visitors and operations team
Human Resource Support:
- Maintain employee files and the HR filing system
- Manage staff welfare needs such as medical insurance, breakfast etc
- Manage staff information in the HRmagic
- Maintain a desirable working environment for all staff to ensure productivity and happiness
- Manage staff leave in the system
- Ensure all staff have the required work equipment and furniture
- Update and maintain HR databases (new hires, separations and leaves)
- Coordinate HR meetings, trainings and staff engagements (retreats, staff parties etc)
- Assist with the required documentation for the performance review process
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
Others: Perform other duties at request of management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Office Administrator should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree either in HR or management or business related discipline
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- At least two years’ experience in general office administration
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- You desire to show initiative
- Highly organised and flexible
- Ability to handle sensitive information professionally and confidentially
- Proficiency in two or more local languages
Tugende’s Core Values:
- We have Empathy for our clients
- We are Solutions-Oriented,
- We are Always Growing,
- We have Integrity in all our decisions
- We work as a Team.
- 21 days paid leave + 6 personal days
- Airtime allowance
- Transport and food allowance
- Breakfast at office every morning
- New, spacious office with relaxing outdoor staff recreation space
- Salary negotiable, commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 19th February, 2017
Jobs in Uganda: Tugende Uganda Jobs – Office Administrator Needed