Kakira Sugar Works Jobs – No Experience Fresh Graduate Management Trainee
Vacancy title: Management Trainee (Process) (Kakira Sugar Works Jobs)
Jobs at: Kakira Sugar Limited
Job details: We are seeking qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies in our company
Job Title: Management Trainee (Process)
Job ref: 2016.08.73/FY-U-WM-05
Age: 25 years and above
Reporting to: The Process Manager
Kakira Sugar Works Jobs: This is the business sector in which the Group commenced its activities in East Africa and remains an area of core competence for the Group. This Company was formed in 1985 as a Joint Venture between the Madhvani Group and the Government of Uganda to take over the assets of Madhvani Sugar Works Ltd., which was the Group’s flagship prior to 1972. At the time of take-over in 1985, owing to the economic turmoil in the intervening years as well as inadequate management whilst under Government control, the factory was no longer in production and most of the nucleus estate had reverted to bush.
Kakira Sugar Works Jobs: Under the Group’s management, the Kakira sugar complex was fully rehabilitated with financing of US$ 60 million from the World Bank, the African Development Bank and Uganda Development Bank.
Kakira Sugar Works Jobs: The sugar factory has been expanded steadily and is currently operating at a crushing capacity of 6,000 Tons Cane per Day [“TCD”] during a 10.5 month crushing season. A confectionery factory within the complex also produces a variety of sweets and toffees and other confectionery items. The Company employs over 7,500 people and has been responsible for the socio-economic development of this rural area.
- Ensuring that process installation/ equipments are correctly set, properly operated and or maintained, regularly clean thoroughly checking to avoid distortions ,adulteration or contaminating along the process flow line.
- Regularly monitoring and verifying the quality of each process operational unit with help of laboratory analytical checks and evaluation.
- Scrutinizing shift handover reports to grasp the operational behaviour and stock levels.
- Promptly checking on equipment failures and contingency, breakdowns and ensuring immediate communication and | co-ordination with personnel i concerned to expedite rectification.
- Liaising with other shift peers, monitoring and ensuring compliance with safety precautions and regulations for occupational safety of persons security or plant.
- Preparing shift handover reports covering all aspects of activities 1 mandated to you e.g, pH, tirix. pol. purity, pressures, temperatures and vacuum etc. used and production achieved.
Qualification: Applicants should be fresh University Graduates. Should be holders of Bachelor of Science degree m any of the following:
- Chemistry. Food Science and Technology or Process Technology. Experience: Successful candidates will undertake 24 months on-job
- training; therefore will not require previous work experience.
Job application procedure
Applications with Photostat copies of testimonials, certificates and curriculum vitae, indicating daytime telephone contact number, contact addresses of two referees and quoting the lob reference number on the upper left-hand corner of the envelope should be sent to:
Mr. Moses H. Thenge
Human Resources Manager
Kakira Sugar Limited
P.0. Box 121, Jinja – Uganda
Closing date is 10 (ten) days from the date of this advertisement.
Deadline of this Job: 20th February 2016
Fresh Graduate Jobs in Uganda: Kakira Sugar Works Jobs – No Experience Fresh Graduate Management Trainee