27 February, 2017
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician (1 position) – Health Jobs Uganda 2017
Reports to: Pharmacist
Employer: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (
Health Jobs Uganda 2017: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (for people with disability) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported by Christian Blind Mission (CBM).
Health Jobs Uganda 2017: CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre on Entebbe Road provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children with disability.
Objective of the Position:
To issue out drugs to patients based on the prescriptions received, assist the Pharmacist in preparation of Pharmacy reports and drug orders as well as stock management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Advises patients and attendants in the proper use and storage of medicines.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Assist in the preparation of quality compounded medicines and extemporaneous preparations.
- Clean, and help maintain equipment and work areas, and sterilize glassware according to prescribed methods.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, and inform supervisors of stock needs and shortages.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualification & Work Experience:
- Diploma in Pharmacy from a recognized institution & registered with the Allied Health Professionals’ Council.
- He/she must have at least 1 years’ clinical work experience in dispensing.
How to Apply:
Capable People with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
NB: Qualified persons should submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter plus copies of Academic Qualifications) to The
Head of Human Resources, CoRSU Hospital P.O. 46 Kisubi or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews.
The closing date of this job posting is: 3rd March, 2017.