27 February, 2017
Job Title: Volunteer Community Psychologist (2 positions) (Volunteering Jobs In Uganda)
Reports to: Clinical Psychologist
Volunteering Jobs In Uganda: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (for people with disability) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported by Christian Blind Mission (CBM).
Volunteering Jobs In Uganda: CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre on Entebbe Road provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children with disability.
Objective of the position:
- To be part of a team that develops and implements appropriate psycho-
social therapy services to clients undergoing rehabilitation at CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital and their attendants.
- Provide CoRSU patients, attendants and or caregivers with relevant information under the guidance of the clinical psychologist, on the prevention of disability to promote a better quality of life and social inclusion of people with disability in their communities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advocates for child safeguarding and ensures adherence of the policy.
- Encourages child participation through play activities at the out-patient and in-patient areas.
- Works with clients on a one-to-one basis, group, community or special setting based on their levels of function and severity of disability.
- Provides psycho-social needs assessment for patients before they are seen by the clinical psychologist.
- Participates in the development of training materials under the guidance of the clinical psychologist and capacity building of staff to enable the staff to address basic psycho-social client needs.
- Ensure up to date record keeping including case preparation, keeping continuous counseling notes and daily records, and prepare periodic reports under the guidance of the clinical psychologist.
- Refer clients to the respective specialists for consultation and appropriate intervention under the guidance of the clinical psychologist.
- Ensure proper handling of department equipment during, and after use.
- Participates in developing and or updating psychotherapy-specific rehabilitation protocols under the guidance of the clinical psychologist.Qualification, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors of Community Psychology
- At least 1 year working experience working in a child centred setting
- Good Communication and assertiveness skills.
How to Apply:
Capable People with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
NB: Qualified persons should submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter plus copies of Academic Qualifications) to The
Head of Human Resources, CoRSU Hospital P.O. 46 Kisubi or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews.
The closing date: 3rd March, 2017