Pharmacy Jobs Uganda – No Experience Supply Chain Intern at MSH
Job Title: Supply Chain Intern (Pharmacy Jobs Uganda)
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Project Name: USAID Uganda Health Supply Chain (UHSC)
Reports to: Senior Technical Officer -NTLP
Job ID: 13-9471
Supply Chain Management Jobs In Uganda: Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-profit health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50 countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
About USAID UHSC Project:
The Uganda Health Supply Chain (UHSC) seeks to contribute to the Ministry of Health’s (MOH) medicines policy objective of improving the health status of the Ugandan population by increasing the availability, accessibility, affordability and appropriate use of essential medicines and health supplies (EMHS), including reproductive, maternal, neonatal and child health (RMNCH) commodities. UHSC supports the Quantification and Procurement Planning Unit (QPPU) that is part of the Pharmacy Department of the MoH which aims to ensure optimum use of GoU and donor financing for pharmaceutical products by providing a single centralized system in the MOH for projecting and quantifying national requirements for EHMS; and coordinating contributors’ supply planning and ensuring appropriate products in adequate quantities are supplied on a timely basis.
Supply Chain Management Jobs In Uganda: The Supply Chain Intern will carry out a range of critical functions aimed at ensuring availability of TB medicines and lab supplies at central and facility level. The intern will support NTLP in maintaining current logistics management information system and reporting requirements to enable the program make informed decisions related to supply chain management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in liaison with the QPPU Coordinator to ensure that TB medicines and lab supplies quantification and pipeline information are updated
- Take part in the quantification, monitoring and supply planning of TB medicines and lab supplies
- Work closely with the QPPU Coordinator to update TB medicines and supplies in the national bimonthly stock status report
- Ensure timely ordering of TB supplies by all TB facilities
- Take part in the implementation of the TB medicines web-based ordering and reporting system
- Work closely with the M&E Associate to analyze data from the TB web-based ordering and reporting system and inform targeted facility supervision to improve data quality
- Participate in data quality assessments for the TB medicines ordering and reporting system
- Regularly monitor and update facility stock status for all MDR TB sites
- Ensure that clearance documents for GDF shipments are availed in a timely manner to NMS
- Maintain a tracking system for all TB medicines procured for Uganda.
- Send regular updates to the Program Manager on the TB medicines and supplies stock status and any actions that need to be taken
- Through the Program Manager, follow up with NMS regarding GDF medicine deliveries and any facility supply issues.
- Participate in regular NTLP activities geared towards TB commodities logistics including meetings, support supervision, surveys, etc.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time as need arises.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Management Sciences for Health Supply Chain Intern job opportunity should hold a professional degree in Pharmacy, supply chain management training or logistics management is an added advantage.
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and shifting deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communications and reporting skills.
- Strong teamwork and team-building skills
- Demonstrated computer skills, including knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strong English skills required, including ability to write technical reports.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 15th March, 2017
Be the first to get our daily email job updates by clicking the link below: