28 March, 2017
Job Title: 2 Health Trainers (Health Jobs Uganda 2017)
Organisation: Living Goods (LG)
Duty Station: Uganda
Health Jobs Uganda 2017: Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
Living Goods (LG) aims to improve the lives of tens of millions of underserved customers in the developing world. To do this, LG not only grows its own businesses, but also dramatically magnifies its impact through large-scale partnerships. Living Goods works with many of the world’s leading visionary organizations across the corporate, social and government sectors. Current and past partners include Care International, BRAC, and PSI.
Health Jobs Uganda 2017: The Health Trainer will play a key role in building the capacity of Community Health Promoters to deliver high quality health care in the community. Living Goods (LG) supports networks of Community Health Promoters who go door-to-door building the capacity of families to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver base training in Integrated Community Case to Community Health Promoters with a focus on Malaria, Diarrhea, Pneumonia diagnosis and treatment, as well as pregnancy and new baby care.
- The incumbent will deliver training on key business skills and products.
- Provide ongoing training to all LG Branch team members on key sales and health topics.
- Significantly contribute to the development of LG’s health training content, pedagogical methods and materials as needed to keep learning systems, content and tools fresh and inspiring.
- Provide support in ensuring all LG agents are in compliance with regulations set by health authorities and professional bodies including compliance with standard treatment guidelines.
- Support branch teams in the organization and delivery of ongoing refresher trainings for their agents.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must be a qualified Medical Clinical Officer, Registered Nurse, Midwife or Graduate Nurse.
- Additional training qualifications or experience an asset.
- Ability to extensively use health knowledge in a high impact training career
- Natural public speaker and health professional who loves working with people
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive for results.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, in both English and Luganda. Fluency in Luo and/or Lumasaba is also a requirement.
- Well organized and attentive to detail.
- Good team player – supportive, collaborative and encouraging of teammates.
- Ability and willingness to travel for extended periods a must.
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to Apply Online at the web link below.
Deadline: 31st March, 2017