UN Jobs in Uganda 2017 – Fresher UN Administration Assistant Jobs at WFP
Job Title: Administration Assistant (UN Jobs in Uganda 2017)
Organization: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Position Grade: G5
UN Jobs in Uganda 2017: The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. . Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas: Saving lives in Emergencies; Building Resilience through Predictable Safety Nets; Improving Nutrition & Mother-and Child Health; and Supporting Small Holder Farmers to Access Markets. WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
UN Jobs in Uganda 2017: The Administration Assistant will support the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in the provision of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. The incumbent will support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money oriented quality administrative practices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and support quarterly forecast expenditure (budget) for the CDPs and forward it for integration in the unit’s budget plan.
- Record, coordinate & seek approval for destruction of old files and ensure retrieval of the old files for recycling as necessary.
- Prepare and submit regular reports on Administration tenders for aged/overstayed, obsolete and damaged stock as necessary.
- Ensure vehicle inspection reports are submitted monthly;
- Ensure that all pre-service contracts and agreements are adhered to for timely renewal /cancellation through timely submission of evaluations.
- Ensure there are valid contracts with the landlords of both warehouses and parking yards.
- Ensure all warehouse assets such as furniture and equipment are inventoried and tracked and updated monthly.
- Ensure staff separation/handover reports are properly filed.
- Supervise and maintain an orderly warehouse filing system and archives and ensure easy retrieval of documents.
- Manage the warehouse stationery store and ensure proper stock control (timely re-order level) and a prudent, cost effective utilization by both Nalukolongo and Tororo CDPs.
- Make/create the section’s Organogram (Chain of command or Organizational Chart) to align with the rest of the units & organisation.
- Complete drivers’ PACE and also Follow up on all staff PACE
- Submit Staff Training Plan as necessary
- Follow-up and control daily attendance/absence of WFP staff.
- Prepare the Annual attendance/leave staff sheet
- Prepare monthly over-time request for onward submission for clearance and settlement.
- Compute daily Security guards’ attendance/absence and consolidate the same in to the monthly attendance report.
- Keenly monitor and compute staff Leave
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of the Cleaning Services payment request.
- Ensure Air Conditioners are serviced quarterly or as per schedule.
- Prepare PRs for CDP/ EDP requirements whenever required
- Enter all Logistics PRs and GRNs into WINGS
- Enter all strategic Fleet and Warehouse staff TA/TECs into WINGS.
- Ensure all Weighing Scales (For CDPs & EDPs), are serviced in time (every six months).
- Ensure Goods Received Note (GRN) for all deliveries are promptly made & submitted to procurement for processing & payment.
- Ensure timely preparation of payment request for utilities such as, UMEME, NWSC, etc.
- Ensure cross boarder waybills are promptly identified, scanned, sent to clearing agents for timely release of URA documents.
- Ensure proper management of all Non Food Items
- Request and handle Petty Cash as and when required.
- Open the Stores/containers and ensure they are properly locked with seals.
- Business Support Services & Reporting: Exhibits ability to convert business plans into clear actions for team members to support the implementation of the program. Collects and reports data to draw out fact-based insights.
- Internal Controls & Risk Management: Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to immediate client’s critical activities.
- Resource Management: Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.
- Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services:Demonstrates a broad or specialist knowledge of administration best practices, techniques and processes, and a good grasp of WFP standards, processes, and infrastructure in area of responsibility; applies this to ensure the provision of efficient and effective administration services.
- Customer Focus: Monitors and supervises administrative work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence. Ensures that customer problems are identified and resolved.
4Ps Core Organisational Capabilities (Purpose, People, Performance and Partnership):
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives:Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments:Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships:Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Administration Assistant job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Secretarial/Business Studies obtained from a recognized institution
- Proven ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work
- Experience in supporting and providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
- Fluency in both oral and written English
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme are encouraged to submit their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 6th April 2017