Oxfam Uganda Jobs 2017 – 3 Fresher Finance Assistants
Job Title: 3 Finance Assistant (Oxfam Uganda Jobs 2017)
Duty Station: Uganda
Oxfam Uganda Jobs 2017: This is an international confederation of 17 affiliates networked together in more than 90 countries committed to ridding the world of poverty and injustice. To achieve this, we support local projects in developing countries, we lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people and we campaign to involve citizens in our work. We implement our programs by working with local NGO partners and civil society organizations and engaging with private sector and governments. Oxfam employs over 6,000 people worldwide in more than 90 countries. In Uganda, our program is anchored on three broad themes deliberately focused on Women’s Rights: Resilient Livelihoods, Governance and Accountability and Humanitarian Preparedness and Response.
Oxfam Uganda Jobs 2017: We are implementing a humanitarian response to address the humanitarian needs of South Sudanese refugees hosted in West Nile sub-region. Oxfam’s areas of intervention include WASH, Emergency Food security and vulnerable livelihoods (EFSVL), Gender and Protection. Oxfam works with local partners as a strategy for building humanitarian preparedness and response capacity within the organisations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Disburse petty cash and ensure replenishment is done on time.
- Ensure that all invoices passed for payment have the relevant supporting documentation.
- Ensure that all processed documents are Stamped “paid”.
- Update the petty cash book for effective cash flow management.
- Support processing and accountability of staff travel advances
- Ensure all finance files are updated on daily basis and that the relevant accounts documents are filed correctly and timely.
- Guide staff of their respective balances.
- Act as the bank agent – cashing and depositing cash and equivalents
- The incumbent will also reconcile supplier accounts before payments are prepared.
- Make payments in the field especially for casual workers
- Occasionally travel to the field offices to assist on finance related matters.
- Stand in for the finance officer when required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Oxfam Finance Assistant job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field;
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Broad knowledge and understanding of data privacy standards;
- Integrity; honesty; interpersonal relations skills;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good planning, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Computer skills, particularly with spreadsheets and calculationsoftware
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications in writing, including a cover letter and curriculum vitae (Not exceeding 2MB) to the HR and Admin Coordinator at Oxfamugandafirstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 21st April 2017