Danish Refuge Council Uganda Jobs – Procurement & Logistics Intern
Job Title: Procurement And Logistics Intern (Danish Refuge Council Uganda Jobs)
Job at: Danish Refuge Council (DRC)
Danish Refuge Council Uganda Jobs: Ensure the systematic filling environment is adequate for purchase orders, requisitions agreements and all relevant records
Job Description Background
DRC is an International non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. In Uganda, DRC assists the refugees from neighboring countries mainly DR Congo and South Sudan in the South West, West and West Nile region of the country. DRC’s assistance to refugees have been both emergency assistance to address the short term influxes from the neighboring countries as well as to address the sustainable solutions for the refugees. DRC is also the lead of a Consortium (Save the Children, ZOA, and CEFORD) for implementation of an EU Trust Fund project in Adjumani, Kiryandongo and Rhino camp.
Duty Station This position is based in Arua –West Nile Office and will be providing support to the implementation of DRC Program. The job will require frequent travel within the project Area.
Position & Reporting Line: Procurement and Logistics Intern is responsible and reports to the Procurement and Logistics Officers Arua-West Nile Office.
Providing functional documentation support in the implementation of procurement cycle and guidelines for timely availability of goods, works and services with robust proper documentation and good records keeping.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organise relevant documents to be used in both evaluation and procurement committee meetings. collaborate with user departments by providing feedback on their status of their procurement requisitions and liaise with them as far as their order requests are concerned
- Liaise with finance department to facilitate timely payments to suppliers. maintain robust and archival system of all procurement and logistical records and supplier database
- Technically advice and make recommendations on the procurement of goods and services to the head of Procurement and logistics as found necessary.
- Ensure the systematic filling environment is adequate for purchase orders, requisitions agreements and all relevant records
- Liaise with store stores staff in professional manner to ensure compliance with quantity specifications
- Check all items brought in to the stores and receiving them against the Purchase orders.
- Properly coordinate and liaise with field staff to have items dispatched to respective field offices by preparing appropriate way bills.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor/management.
How to apply:
Applications should be in English and include the following: A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and salary expectations.
Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references. The application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject line should read Procurement & Logistics Intern – Arua .
The deadline: 8th May 2017.