Position: Driver (World Vision Uganda Jobs)
Report to: Project Manager
Job at: World Vision Uganda
World Vision Uganda Jobs: Timely/quality implementation of field level programmatic activities and sponsorship performance is in line with targets and partnership standards and managed in a manner that contributes to sustained and improved child wellbeing.
- Drive World Vision vehicles/authorized passengers to specified destinations as approved by the supervisor in line with World Vision vehicle usage policy.
- Deliver packages, goods and mails and any other information to specified people, places and offices in line with World Vision policies.
- Check the vehicle status/condition e.g. engine oil, water, nuts, battery water, license, Third Party Insurance, brakes, tyre pressure etc prior to any journey and carry out regular vehicle repairs e.g. correcting hard start, tightening bolts and nuts, topping up battery water, etc in line with World Vision policy.
- Monitor the security of vehicle, authorized passengers and luggage in line with the vehicle policy.
- Report all major and minor damages and accidents on the vehicle at hand to the supervisor in line with World Vision vehicle policies
- Prepare and submit vehicle monthly reports in line with the World Vision Vehicle Policy.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- At least Advance Level Certificate with at least 2 principle passes
- A certificate in automobile mechanics is an added advantage.
- A certificate in Defensive driving from an established driving school/firm is an added advantage.
- Experience in driving, with clean driving record of not less than 3 years, preferably with an NGO
- Minimum driving class is DL. Possession of two or more Classes of driving permit is preferred
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments, and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Agreement with World Vision Christian ethos and commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement
How to apply:
Deadline: 19th May 2017