UHF Uganda Jobs – Diploma Research Assistant
Job Title: Research Assistant (UHF Uganda Jobs)
Organization: Uganda Healthcare Federation (UHF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UHF Uganda Jobs: We are an ‘association of associations’ umbrella organization affiliated to the East Africa Healthcare Federation representing the interests of the private health sector in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Research Assistant will prepare and present findings of research activity to colleagues for review purposes. This role is responsible for carrying out research study on private health sector players including identifying, segmenting and profiling the players into the six World Health Organization (WHO) pillars that is leadership/governance, healthcare financing, health workforce, medical products/ technologies, information and research and service delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and carry out research activity
- Prepare and present findings of research activity to colleagues for review purposes.
- Prepare and submit progress reports on research as required. To contribute to the overall activities of the research team as required.
- Carry out a limited amount of teaching in relation to subject area.
- The incumbent will attend and participate in team meetings and trainings, including qualitative data analysis and coding workgroups.
- The jobholder will manage and account for allocated resources in the field.
- Perform any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Diploma or Degree from recognized institution and must have previous office experience.
- One year of relevant post-qualification experience in research projects.
- Candidates with a Research background are strongly encouraged to apply
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, organized and keen to detail
- Competent with computer software applications including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet-based applications.
- Knowledge of research techniques
- Ability to analyse and write up data
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applicationsand up-to-date CVs (not longer than 2 pages) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Thursday, 8th June 2017 by 5:00pm