19 July, 2017
Job Title: Appraisal Monitoring & Evaluation (AME) Enumerators – ACTED Uganda Jobs
Organisation: ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development)
Duty Station: Moyo, Uganda
Reports to: Appraisal Monitoring & Evaluation (AME) Officer
ACTED Uganda Jobs: ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is a non- political and non-confessional international NGO founded in 1993 and headquartered in Paris, France. The organization’s vocation is to save lives, assist vulnerable populations and bring hope to those in need for a better future.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in pre-data collection training session where comprehensive guidance will be provided on all aspects of assessment methodology and implementation.
- During and after the training, familiarise her/himself fully with the assessment methodology, including questionnaire implementation, sampling methodology and interview protocol.
- During and after the training, familiarise her/him fully with assessment operational procedures and codes of conduct, including security rules and procedures.
- Implement the assessment methodology and immediately alert the Program Manager of obstacles preventing full implementation of the methodology.
- Carry out interviews at data collection locations with sampled groups and key informants completing questionnaires that are filled on smart phones or tablets.
- Conduct interviews in adherence with questionnaire guidance and enter data carefully and accurately, adhering to humanitarian principles and ensuring impartiality.
- Ensure all information entered into the questionnaires on the smart phones/tablets is saved and processed as per instructions.
- Take part in de-briefing session upon completion of data collection
- Travel to data collection points on a weekly basis, with possibility of staying up to 4 days per week in the remote field.
- Communicate any issues immediately to Team Leader as they arise.
- Adhere to instructions and guidance provided by Team Leader; the Enumerator Terms of Reference; and code of conduct at all times.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by your supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the ACTED Appraisal Monitoring & Evaluation (AME) Enumerator job placement must hold a relevant degree from a recognized university
- At least a credit pass Mathematics and English at O’ level
- Excellent communication skills
- Good team player
- High degree of honesty and integrity
- Ability to cope with unpredictable field conditions
- Ability to work under pressure and beat deadlines
- Familiarity with basic smart phone applications
- Fluency in English and one of the local languages
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, three work related referees and daytime contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please kindly indicate the position you are applying for clearly on the subject line. You may also hand deliver to Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development. P.O. Box 37665, Plot 1102 Nsambya Road Kampala.
NB: CVs will be shortlisted on on-going basis and ACTED reserves the right to hire prior to the application deadline Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th July 2017 by 5:00pm