Brac Uganda Jobs – Female Credit Officer
Job Title: Credit (Loan) Officer Group Lending – Female – Brac Uganda Jobs
Organisation: BRAC Uganda Microfinance Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Manager
Brac Uganda Jobs: The Credit (Loan) Officers Group Lending will identify, screen potential borrowers, carry out loan appraisal, disbursing, monitoring and collections. The incumbent will also train applicants and supervise weekly meetings to ensure smooth operations and sustainability at Branch level.
BRAC Uganda Microfinance Ltd is the largest Microfinance operating in Uganda covering several districts through 149 networked branches targeting Micro, Small and Medium Entrepreneurs of Uganda. BRAC boasts of promoting financial inclusion by extending financial services to the un-served and underserved, now with over 212,000 borrowing clients, over 155Bn loan book with 98% recovery rate, operationally and financially self sustaining.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Survey and sensitize the communities about Microfinance package and offers.
- Organize the registered members into small groups.
- The incumbent will regulate the activities of group members.
- Issue out loans and ensure the pay back of loan installments.
- Conduct regular field visits, conduct group meeting, and assess potential borrowers.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports on the activities and submit it to Branch Manager.
- Carry out other business development activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for BRAC Uganda Microfinance Ltd Credit (Loan) Officers Group Lending should be females who hold Degrees in Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Development studies, Education, Agriculture from a recognized institution. Degree is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly creative and Innovative
- High degree of flexibility
- The individual should be willing to work in any part of Uganda.
- Ability to interact with the community
- Age: Below 30 years
NB: Candidates who can speak Lutooro, Lunyoro, Rukonjo, Lugbara, Madi, Kakwa Alur, Luo, Runyankore, Rukiga, Lugishu, Samia, Ateso and who are willing to work upcountry are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates must submit their application letters, Curriculum Vita, all Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents in one PDF file. In total, there must only be a maximum of 3 attachments and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Hard Copy applications addressed to the Head Of Human Resource BRAC Microfinance can be delivered at BRAC Office at Plot 90 Busingiri Zone,off Entebbe Road Nyanama and must be registered at the reception.
Deadline: 11th August 2017