IUCN Internship 2017 – Finance Intern
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, helps the world find pragmatic solutions to our most pressing environment and development challenges.
IUCN works on biodiversity, energy, human livelihoods and greening the world economy by supporting scientific research, managing field projects all over the world, and bringing governments, NGOs, the UN and companies together to develop policy, laws and best practice.
IUCN is the world’s oldest and largest global environmental organization, with more than 1,200 government and NGO members and almost 11,000 volunteer experts in some 160 countries. IUCN’s work is supported by over 1,000 staff in 45 offices and hundreds of partners in public, NGO and private sectors around the world.
1. Preparing payment vouchers ensuring all necessary supporting documents is attached.
2. Verifying field accountabilities for accuracy and completeness
3. Preparing returns for Statutory payroll deductions
4. Tracking and filling monthly withholding taxes
5. Filling all the posted financial documents
6. Assist with photocopying and scanning of documents
7. Assist with short-term project tasks as needed
|• A proven high standard of interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and teamwork skills with a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups from a wide range of cultural backgrounds
• Excellent report writing, proofreading and editing skills with a strong command of the English language in its written and spoken form
• Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or CPA II.
• Proficiency Microsoft Excel and accounting software tools is a plus
• Ability to work independently towards a clear goal
• Must be a strong team player with proven communication and diplomacy skills and ability to work effectively with multicultural and multidisciplinary teams displaying sensitivity and respect for diversity;
• Adheres to IUCN ESARO core values of Transparency, Inclusiveness, Professionalism and Accountability;
Applicants are requested to apply online through the HR Management System, by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the “Apply” button here.
Applicants will be asked to create an account and submit their profile information. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. The vacancy closes at midnight, Swiss time (GMT+1 / GMT+2 during Daylight Saving Time, DST). Please note that only selected applicants will be personally contacted for interviews.
Deadline: 18 August 2017