17 August, 2017
Job Title: Office Manager
Organization: Mapenzi Events Ltd
Duty Station: Bunga, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Management
Mapenzi Events LTD primarily does events management that also includes Food Catering services, provision of beverages, décor services, digital media services among other services.
Our focus is to plan and coordinate events for our clients, and these includecorporate events – such as cocktail parties, product launch and such similar events, we plan weddings and introduction ceremonies – like kwanjula and kuhingira, bridal showers and private parties like for baptism and Christian confirmation or similar ones for Muslims, and house warming and or such similar private events. Often, as part of the package our client require that we do photography and video coverage, and increasing a need for new media services especially for our corporate clients.
Job Summary: The Office Manager will take overall leadership and be a coordinator of the Mapenzi Events business. This role requires a hard-working person who will offer full dedication to the job. The tasks involve making calls to prospects, corresponding via E-mail, Phone and other Digital Media services such as WhatsApp, Facebook etc to client prospects, and responding to inquiries by sending product brochures and quotations for our services. The role would also involve issuing Invoices, organizing site visits, maintaining a directory of services providers, and handling “bidding” for services on behalf of our clients. Overall, the Office Manager will ASSIST Management in nearly all daily chores of running the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Correspond with client prospects, and make follow-ups on sales leads.
- Organize office with systematic filing of hard copy and soft copy documentation.
- Be in charge of Customer Care using several media services that include E-mail, the Phone, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, SMS etc .. and make sure the company has at all times a good reputation on timely replies to inquiries.
- The incumbent will issue quotations and Invoices in a timely way, and ensure collection of Accounts Receivables
- Maintain an accurate database of suppliers, and be the one to the liaison with pre-qualified suppliers.
- Be at hand to organize site visits to event venues by assigning the right resource, and making sure the outcome of site visits is captured and utilized with client quotations.
- The jobholder will also schedule and plan internal meetings, and to make appointments for external meetings.
- Monitor office supplies and services making sure of proper use, and to make sure that usage cost is within budget.
- Support management at all times on assignments that may be given to you.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Office Manager job opportunity should preferably hold a first degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline i.e. Business Administration, SWASA, Accounting, or self-taught individual with can demonstrate the attributes listed here for this job.
- Proficiency in use of computers especially with use of the Microsoft Suite, good knowledge of the Internet and use of new media Services i.e. Facebook, SMS, WhatsApp etc .
- Confident, and can keep Confidentiality of Company Secrets
- One with attention to detail with minimum errors and mistakes
- Highly self-motivated, Dependable, Reliable and Good Customer Care Instincts
- Good Verbal and Written Communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills especially in negotiations
- Good telephone etiquette
- Good planning and scheduling skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send an updated CV only via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or send via Skype ID to: charles1musisi
Deadline: 27th August, 2017