Living Goods Uganda Jobs – 15 Branch Managers
Job Title: Assistant Branch Manager /Branch Managers – (Living Goods Uganda Jobs)
Duty Station: Upcountry (Central, Eastern and Lango Regions), Uganda
Living Goods Uganda Jobs: We support networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
Job Summary: The Assistant Branch Manager /Branch Manager – Clinical, Community and Health Background should be a natural entrepreneur and leader who loves working with people, creating an impact in health and selling life-saving products. As part of the Branch Management Team, you will play a key role in supporting Community Health Promoters (CHPs) to deliver high quality health care to their communities and generate sales of critical products. The incumbent will motivate others, possess strong business skills, be proactive in identifying and resolving challenges when they arise, and want to be part of a cutting edge team that is setting the bar for how a social enterprise can improve health impacts in a sustainable way.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Agent Support and Motivation:
- Motivate agents in-field to achieve health and sales targets. Work to support strong performers, to increase effectiveness of medium performers, and increase or remove poor performers.
- Ensure all CHPs are delivering impact in the communities both through remote checks and through in-field checks (esp. diagnosis and treatment)
- Implement marketing and promotional efforts to support CHPs sales goals.
- Lead monthly meeting of agents.
- Manage Branch team members, ensuring performance
- Manage Branch financial operations and ensure that the books balance:
- Cash matches sales on a daily basis.
- Manage and maintain inventory.
- Manage operations to keep costs as low as possible.
- Manage relations between the implementing partner organizations.
- Work closely with the Ministry of Health and the County Government.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Living Goods Director Assistant Branch Manager /Branch Manager – Clinical, Community and Health Background job opportunities should hold Degree or Diploma in clinical, community or Health related areas
- Proven success as a Community Health Promoter, entrepreneur, business manager, or health professional.
- At least two years’ experience in health/community related work
- Prior management experience is desired
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive for results.
- Exceptional natural leader with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, both in English and Luganda.
- Lusoga, Lugisu and Langi a plus.
- Ability to relocate up country a must.
- Ability and willingness to work extensively in the field.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency with Word and Excel and general computer proficiency.
NB: A prerequisite to this role is a 6-week paid Branch Management Training Program, which will immerse you in our community health care model. Successful graduates will have the opportunity to gain a full time role as part of the Living Goods team.
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to Apply Online at the web link below.