UPIK Jobs – Procurement Officer
Job Title: Procurement Officer (UPIK Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda Petroleum Institute Kigumba (UPIK)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Institute Secretary
UPIK Jobs: Uganda Petroleum Institute Kigumba (UPIK) was established by the Statutory instrument No. 31 of 2011: The Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Acts, 2006 (Establishment of Uganda Petroleum Institute, Kigumba) in July, 2011. The mandate of UPIK is to provide a world-class education in geosciences and petroleum engineering in order to support and advance the petroleum and energy sectors in Uganda, East Africa and beyond.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Procurement Officer will implement all procurement and logistic activities of the Institute
- Confirm with end users the basis of their estimated costs on the procurement requisitions, in order to determine the appropriate procurement method
- Provide regulatory guiding principles of the law and explain it to the end users in relation to their procurement requirements
- Develop appropriate terms and conditions of the proposed contract in consultation with the end users or technical specialists
- The incumbent will also ensure various procurement requirements do comply with UPIK policies
- Implement UPIK inventory policy and keep procurement registers up-to-date
- Identify, mitigate and escalate procurement risks to enable the Organization meet its obligation
- Explaining procurement processes and requirements to responsible officers and persuading them to adopt best practices, given the complexity of procurement.
- Maintain all procurement related documentation and manage both internal and external relationship.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s (Hon) degree in procurement, purchasing or logistics and supply chain management from a recognized Institution.
- Professional qualification in supply Chain Management (CIPS) is an added advantage
- One year of experience in a reputable organization.
- High degree of integrity
- Comprehensive knowledge of laws governing procurement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Age: 25 – 40 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should submit in triplicate with detailed CVs and relevant supporting documents addressed to the Principal, Uganda Petroleum Institute Kigumba, P. O. Box 187, Bweyale- Kiryandongo.
Deadline: 18th September 2017