URA Jobs – A’Level Office Attendants
Job Title: 12 Office Attendants
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Officer
Job Code: HRM/074/800
URA Jobs: The Office Attendant will provide general administrative support in the unit to facilitate office operations.
URA Jobs: The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain general cleanliness in the office to make it conducive for business operations:
- Clean office furniture and equipment to ensure good hygiene
- Prepare office tea and refreshments and ensure they are availed on time
- Organize meetings and other engagements by scheduling use of rooms and equipment for use
- Monitor the usage of office utilities to ensure proper resource utilization
Manage incoming and outgoing mails to enhance accountability and easy tracking of official correspondences:
- Receive and sort official correspondences to enhance accountability and tracking
- Record official correspondences in appropriate registers to enhance tracking and accountability
- Distribute official correspondences to different offices to ensure timely delivery of mails
- Receive Request for Purchase Orders from staff and obtain appropriate signatures
- Record and track incoming payments receipts and make proper distribution of records.
Maintain stock of office supplies to ensure adequate:
- Raise the stores requisition order and pick up office supplies from Stores to ensure adequate supply inventory levels based on anticipated requirements
- Maintain office supplies to determine inventory levels and distribute them on required.
- Account for office supplies expended for a particular period of time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Office Attendant jobs should hold A’ Level Certificates with a Pass in English at O’ level
- At least two years’ related experience in a recognized organization.
- Computer literacy skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer care.
- Ability to work well in a team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Age: Between 28-38 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online by visiting the website below. Please go to Careers link,, ‘CAREERS -> EXPERIENTIAL HIRING -> Login (If new, register, else continue)’ to view detailed job description of the roles and responsibilities and other required competencies. All applicants are required to scan and attach copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Transcript, O’ Level, A’ level, Degree certificates. Each attachment should not exceed a limit of 1 MB and ONLY Portable Document Format (pdf) are allowed.
Note: The list of shortlisted and successful candidates will be published on the URA website. Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority. Any applicants found with forged academic documents will be charged in the courts of law.
Deadline: 17th October 2017 at 11:59 pm