UNFPA Uganda Jobs – Personal Assistant
Post Title: Personal Assistant to the Representative
Type of Contract: Fixed-Term
Position Number: 00006916
Level: ICS6 (G6)
Duty Station: Kampala
Organizational Context and Main tasks and Responsibilities:
UNFPA Uganda Jobs: Under direct supervision of the Representative, the Personal Assistant to the Representative (PA: Rep.) will:
- Provide support to the office of the Representative by coordinating and monitoring relevant business processes and procedures and activities, paying attention to detail and adhering to deadlines.
- Effectively provides general research support from records, reports and prepares periodic and ad hoc reports on programme and project activities.
- Prepares and maintains records documents and control plans for the monitoring of administrative and financial function of the office of the Representative
- Manage the schedule anti work program of the Representative, including official receptions Keeps Representative informed by providing relevant information, reports or status updates
- Maintain telephone and address directory of all stakeholders, particularly frequently called persons
- Organize meetings for Representative; initiates and coordinates preparation of agenda and it-necessary documentation for meetings as well as workshops and conferences; acts as Secretary to the meetings. ‘
- Maintain tiling system for office of the Representative in accordance with established classification system
- Draft routine correspondence
- Act in accordance with the Standards of Conduct for the international Civil Service
- Demonstrate loyalty and commitment to the aims, principles and purposes of the UN system and UNFPA Perform other administrative and logistic support duties as required
- Business Acumen
- Client orientation
- implementing management systems
- Values: integrity Commitment to mandate, Knowledge sharing Continuous learning, Valuing diversity
- Personal Leadership and Effectiveness: Strategic and analytical thinking, Results orientation/ Commitment to excellence, Appropriate and transparent decision making
- Embrace cultural diversity
- Embrace change
- Managing Relationships. Working in teams, Communicating information and ideas, Conflict and self-management
- A University Degree or equivalent with at least six years relevant experience in an international organization or in the private sector.
- Fluency in English, speaking and writing.
- Incumbent is expected to have thorough knowledge and use of all relevant computer software applications.
- Ability to multitask in 2 fast paced dynamic and diverse environment,
Job application procedure
A full job description of the position can be accessed onhttps://erecruit.partneragencies.org and only online applications using this link will be accepted.
- We will only be able to respond to those applicants in whom the Country Office has further interest.
- UNFPA offers an attractive compensation package commensurate with experience
- UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV/AID and doc-s not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
- UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity, and a healthy work life balance.
IMPORTANT: There are NO application processing or other fees at any stage of UNFPA application processes
Deadline of this Job: 6th October 2017