CRS Uganda Jobs – Diploma Receptionist
Job Title: Receptionist – CRS Uganda Jobs
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Senior Administration Officer
CRS uganda Jobs: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-profit organization which implements the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS uganda Jobs: The Receptionist will perform the tasks associated with CRS Yumbe Office reception to include the management of the reception, telephone records and billing, handling of visitor’s cards, goods receipt, receiving visitors and in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Your knowledge and experience will allow you to coordinate reception activities, as you apply the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will also receive, announce and direct visitors to staff in the office in a courteous manner. Also, as requested, make appointments and take messages.
- Maintain an updated staff and telephone intercom list.
- Circulate copies of monthly telephone bills to respective staff for identification of personal calls. i.e. Mobile phones to respective staff, fixed telephones bills to respective sub office staff.
- Render support in the implementation of delivery operations from arrival of goods in-country (or local purchase point) to the warehouses and on to the final distribution centers in accordance with CRS and donor regulations and international and local supply chain standards and requirements
- Manage internal/external office mail. Receive/Record all outgoing and incoming mail to include invoices. Distribute mail to respective officers. Also, take responsibility for receipt/dispatch of Main office pouches.
- Manage incoming/outgoing pouches to the Regional and HQ. Ensure prompt delivery to recipients and payment to vendors effected.
- Offer secretarial support to the Emergency Coordinator whenever required.
- Receive, register, file, summarize data of applicants using approved format, and submit application files together with softcopy of summarized data to the Human Resource Manager, within two days of closed date for receipt of applications.
- Perform other tasks and assignments as and when required which are consistent with your level in the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Receptionist job opportunity should hold a Diploma in Secretarial Studies, Business Administration/Management or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years of related working experience in a similar position, preferably with an international NGO.
- Computer Literacy in MS word, MS Excel, and E-mail communication.
- High degree of integrity, interpersonal and customer care relations.
- Excellent writing, listening and good communication skills.
- Culturally sensitive and patient.
- The person must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time and work effectively with colleagues from different backgrounds.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team environment
- Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff): Serves with Integrity, Models Stewardship, Cultivates Constructive Relationships, Promotes Learning
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to send their cover letters, CVs and three work references (names and contact information only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 1st October 2017