Job Title: Administrative Assistant – UCU Uganda Jobs
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Faculty of Law, Mukono, Uganda
UCU Uganda Jobs: Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education – not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with updating lecturers on any necessary information that concerns them e.g. internal communications from the Dean and University Administration.
- Ensure that the time table is working well, link Lecturers to students in cases of any need, update the Dean and the Lecturers on issues as they arise, and maintain general cleanliness and organization of the School offices.
- Requisition and account for funds for workshops, seminars and other related activities.
- Receiving communications from other Departments and Faculties for the Dean to respond to and give feedback accordingly.
- Requisition for equipment, furniture and other supplies for the School and ensure their maintenance.
- Organizing and attending meetings when necessary.
- Attending to students’ academic and other issues as they arise, and refer to the Dean where necessary.
- Attending to parents and guardians on issues regarding their children’s academic and social affairs
- Handling students’ course work and examination results.
- Following up on students and Lecturers to meet deadlines.
- Acting as a link between students and Dean/Lecturers and vice versa where necessary.
- Disseminating evaluation forms, for evaluating Lecturers to students, receiving them back, and compiling them for the Dean.
- Promoting rapport between School administration and Lecturers/Tutors, and students for the smooth running of the School.
- Making testimonials and recommendations for students for the Dean to sign whenever required.
- Participating in making the work plan and budget for the School.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Dean/Programme Coordinators.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Institution of Higher learning.
- A minimum of two (2) years of working experience performing administrative tasks.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Power point and internet).
- Previous experience in minute taking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills especially when dealing with students, staff and visitors.
- Must be a person of high integrity with an excellent work ethic.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and be available to work after normal working hours.
- Must be a committed and practicing Christian.
How to Apply:
All prospective employees are encouraged to send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three references. Please also attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts.
The Manager of Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
P.O. Box 4, Mukono. Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: Friday, 27th October 2017 by 5:00pm